Oil Dry
Leaving the parts store today and noticed oil dry on sale. Would this work on pulling the moisture out of green turnings? I can get some paper soybean seed bags to use this on also.  Could use it for it's intended purpose afterwards.
(05-22-2022, 06:55 PM)gear jammer Wrote: Leaving the parts store today and noticed oil dry on sale. Would this work on pulling the moisture out of green turnings? I can get some paper soybean seed bags to use this on also.  Could use it for it's intended purpose afterwards.

I've not tried this but my guess is that it will pull moisture out so quickly that the cracks and warping would be spectacular.

On the other hand, I love to experiment using other people's money, materials, and time. Please try it and report back the results.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
With so many products & methods available already with varying results for drying wet turnings. Hard to say whether Oil Dry would or not work for that purpose unless someone makes an attempt.
Bill
(05-22-2022, 06:55 PM)gear jammer Wrote: Leaving the parts store today and noticed oil dry on sale. Would this work on pulling the moisture out of green turnings? I can get some paper soybean seed bags to use this on also.  Could use it for it's intended purpose afterwards.

Why bother?  Air is cheap, and it does the job nicely.  If you're impatient, you might use a microwave with CAUTION to speed things up.  Storage of roughs, if you have it available out of the extremes of A/C or sunlight, in open air is the best, as I see it.  Takes six-eight weeks at 50% RH for 1" thick, nearly half less for 3/4 and below.  Be smart, rough with curing as well as final form in mind, and leave 'em alone for a while.  I do a leisurely half-dozen or so roughs on a Saturday, but only about half that number of cured because of the sanding/finishing, so shelf space for 24 should be all you need for continuous fun.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.