HNT Gordon Molding/Joinery Planes New in Box: ALL PLANES HAVE BEEN SOLD
ALL PLANES HAVE BEEN SOLD

Update: I have decided to lower the prices on these planes: prices now listed are 66% of retail price

I recently acquired a substantial collection of HNT Gordon planes. These are absolutely beautiful planes made in Australia of Australian Gidgee and brass by the master plane maker Terry Gordon. These planes are in new/unused condition and come with the original boxes and packaging (some are even packaged with bits of Australian newspaper!). These rarely come up for sale, and almost never come up for sale in new/unused condition. I am offering these planes at roughly 66% of the retail price, plus shipping. PayPal goods/services preferred. If you are interested, please include you zip code in your private message so I can come up with shipping quote.

Dado Planes:

1/8”: $320
1/4”: $320
3/4”: $333

[Image: IMG-3956.jpg]" />

Skew Rabbe/Rebatet Planes:

1/2”: $135
3/4”: $142
1”: $158

[Image: IMG-3957.jpg]" />

Snipe Bill Planes (Pair)

Pair: $356

[Image: IMG-3959.jpg]" />

Side Round Planes (Pair)

Pair: $285

[Image: IMG-3958.jpg]" />

[Image: IMG-3960.jpg]" />
New prices: now 66% of retail price (new/unused/in box).
Darn you, Philip! I was hoping these would be gone! For what it's worth, these are excellent planes (I have several HNT Gordon planes) and Philip is an honest and great seller to deal with! (I bought a few things from him in the past.)

Must...resist...

Earl
(09-22-2023, 06:55 PM)thomaskila Wrote: Darn you, Philip!  I was hoping these would be gone!  For what it's worth, these are excellent planes (I have several HNT Gordon planes) and Philip is an honest and great seller to deal with! (I bought a few things from him in the past.)

Must...resist...

Earl

Earl:

Good to hear from you! As you are apparently well aware, these HNT Gordon planes are beautiful tools. I have a track record of selling on this and other forums over the years and have supplied literally hundreds of planes, mostly Lie Nielsen, to many fellow woodworkers. I am dumfounded at the lack of interest in these planes. I originally priced them at a 20% discount: more than fair for new/unused tools. No interest. Not a single inquiry. Today, I dropped the prices to 66% of retail: I hope folks realize that this is the deal of the decade for these Australian made planes. I am not holding my breath. I suspect that the potential market for these tools is narrower than I first estimated. They require a degree of skill that is perhaps a bit more than standard bench planes. But once you get the hang of it, they are magnificent. I kept a single dado plane and a side rabbet plane with a dovetail fence for myself and am having a ball with them.

Side note: I hope the disaster in Hawaii has not impacted you or yours.

Best

Phil
(09-22-2023, 07:10 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Earl:

Good to hear from you! As you are apparently well aware, these HNT Gordon planes are beautiful tools. I have a track record of selling on this and other forums over the years and have supplied literally hundreds of planes, mostly Lie Nielsen, to many fellow woodworkers. I am dumfounded at the lack of interest in these planes. I originally priced them at a 20% discount: more than fair for new/unused tools. No interest. Not a single inquiry. Today, I dropped the prices to 66% of retail: I hope folks realize that this is the deal of the decade for these Australian made planes. I am not holding my breath. I suspect that the potential market for these tools is narrower than I first estimated. They require a degree of skill that is perhaps a bit more than standard bench planes. But once you get the hang of it, they are magnificent. I kept a single dado plane and a side rabbet plane with a dovetail fence for myself and am having a ball with them.

Side note: I hope the disaster in Hawaii has not impacted you or yours.

Best

Phil
Phil,
I have family in Lahaina, but thankfully, none perished in the fire.  Their homes and businesses, on the other hand, were totaled.  Regarding HNT Gordon planes, I have a few of their rabbet/rebate planes and a beautiful Jointer plane.  Yes, they are amazing tools.  
Mahalo!
Earl
(09-23-2023, 01:29 AM)thomaskila Wrote: Phil,
I have family in Lahaina, but thankfully, none perished in the fire.  Their homes and businesses, on the other hand, were totaled.  Regarding HNT Gordon planes, I have a few of their rabbet/rebate planes and a beautiful Jointer plane.  Yes, they are amazing tools.  
Mahalo!
Earl

Earl: sad to hear about your families losses in Lahaina: I hope that recovery is as swift as possible. Mahalo! Phil
(09-23-2023, 01:29 AM)thomaskila Wrote: Phil,
Mahalo!
Earl

Earl:  My sympathies to your family on their material losses, but my gratitude that there was no loss of life.  Terrible situation.  Rich
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(09-24-2023, 09:23 AM)Admiral Wrote: Earl:  My sympathies to your family on their material losses, but my gratitude that there was no loss of life.  Terrible situation.  Rich

Thank you, Rich!  And yes, it was a terrible situation.  Hope all is well with you!
The 1" rebate plane has been sold.
1/2" Rabbet has been sold.

Items still available:

Side Round Pair

3/4" Rabbet