Kiichen/cooking tip
Wife uses the crockpot two or three times a week.  After 30 years of struggling with the leftover fatty juices in the slow cooker bag (and not wanting to put them down the drain), it occurred to me that a few cups of sawdust makes that task way much easier.  Doh!
It's a good tip. I keep a small bucket of it (sawdust) in the garage to empty cooking oil/grease into after I've fried something as well for the same reason. It just gets dumped into the trash.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Trash?  Seems to me it would make a heck of a firestarter.  I'll have to give it a go one of these days.
(10-08-2023, 08:44 AM)KC Wrote: Wife uses the crockpot two or three times a week.  After 30 years of struggling with the leftover fatty juices in the slow cooker bag (and not wanting to put them down the drain), it occurred to me that a few cups of sawdust makes that task way much easier.  Doh!

We put them and other food going to the garbage into a plastic bag and freeze them. On garbage pickup day, into the trash can Safe, easy, no mess, no smell.
Save it for starting the wood stove.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020