Best way to do this...Hatchet Stuck in Wood
I want to make something like this but what would be the best way to attach the hatchet to the block of wood?

Attached Files Image(s)

Weld a "stud" onto the blade of the hatchet.

Bore a hole in the base and fasten the "stud" into the hole.

The weld will be covered by the portion of the blade stuck into the base.
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
Route a channel for the hatchet.  Make the channel wider than the hatchet blade.  Epoxy the hatchet into the channel.  You can color the epoxy to better match the base.  You can use a wooden screw clamp to hold the hatchet in place while the epoxy cures.  Make sure the freestanding hatchet is balanced so that the base won't tip over.

The more vexing thing to me is how to snake the lamp wire through that serpentine handle.  Maybe they used a bandsaw to cut the handle in half, then hand routed a channel for the wire before gluing the handle back together.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Ought to be nice when you get it finished.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I would grind the end flat and than drill and tap a hole in the blade. Run a bolt or all thread up from the bottom.
It's really cool, post back once you come up with a method, I'd love th so something like that.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
It would also look great if you made base from a cookie from a small tree/branch.
Just to make the project more complicated, is there a way to eliminate the thick cord from the switch to the hatchet handle? With a low voltage system, could you run one low-profile insulated wire along the top of the hatchet head from the base to the handle and use the hatchet head itself as the other conductor?
Discovered this which might help.

https://www.instructables.com/Axe-and-Pallet-Wood-Lamp/
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Discovered this which might help. This guy hid the cord behind the handle, but it was exposed. So, there was no attempt to snake the cord all the way though the handle. He used epoxy to secure the hatchet to the base.

https://www.instructables.com/Axe-and-Pallet-Wood-Lamp/
Still Learning,

Allan Hill