A Sliding Pegboard Wall
The latest improvement to my small shop. I used bypass closet door hardware to make a place to hang often used tools. So far I like it!

https://youtube.com/shorts/jZ8tu74O4Gs?s...0CJjhmfg7M

Paul M
Paul,  nice use of space.
Great idea. I am not familiar with the bypass hardware could you elaborate on it?

Tom
(10-15-2023, 04:20 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: Great idea. I am not familiar with the bypass hardware could you elaborate on it?

Tom

Bypass doors are a set of common sliding closet doors. The hardware is the railing fastened to the top of the door way with the wheels that attach to the doors. If you google "bypass door hardware" you will perhaps understand it better than my explanation. I bought mine hardware as a complete set at Home Depot for less than $20 (72" slide).

Paul M
(10-16-2023, 11:18 PM)paulmon Wrote: Bypass doors are a set of common sliding closet doors. The hardware is the railing fastened to the top of the door way with the wheels that attach to the doors. If you google "bypass door hardware" you will perhaps understand it better than my explanation. I bought mine hardware as a complete set at Home Depot for less than $20 (72" slide).

Paul M

I looked it up, and thank you.

Tom
Nice work!  Very cool.

Do you know the weight capacity of this hardware?  It seems adding clamps and a handful of tools would easily exceed the weight of hollow closet doors.

Thanks for sharing.
(10-17-2023, 05:39 PM)taxman Wrote: Nice work!  Very cool.

Do you know the weight capacity of this hardware?  It seems adding clamps and a handful of tools would easily exceed the weight of hollow closet doors.

Thanks for sharing.

They are rated at maximum weight of 75 lbs. I think the track could hold much more than that so it must be the rollers they are talking about. My doors and hardware will never come close to that. With what I have on them now the pegboard rolls very smooth and easy.

Paul M