Uses for radial arm saw
I started out many moons ago with one of the infamous B&D radial saws, the ones with the curved aluminum column.  Total POS.  That got replaced with an old Craftsman that I could never keep square.  Then I took up with OWWM and learned of the famous Dewalt MBF.  I found one of those and did the rebuild on it and it was a fine little saw.  But bigger is always better, isn't it?  So that got replaced with a Delta 30C with a 3 phase motor.  I did it up on a blue and gold paint scheme to honor my Navy roots and I still have the saw in place to this day.  To those not familiar, its one of the turret arm saws and is built like a tank.  Mostly I use it for crosscutting although I keep a Bosch slider on a stand in the shed for projects like decks and docks.

[Image: 10597-A.jpg]
Long story, but I was in possession of a basically free (to me) Delta industrial grade RAS. Similar in quality to the old DeWalts, i.e.- better than the good Craftsman ones. It had no sentimental value but if I could have made room I would have loved to have kept it for dedicated cross-cut dados (a-la Norm Abram), but it was just too big. Sold it for $150, pennies on the dollar to what it should have been worth (this was probably 8-9 years ago so adjust accordingly).
My dad bought one of those curved arm Bleak & Darker saws...
Without a doubt, the worst ras ever made.

Ed
I purchased my Dewalt 10" RAS in 1963, new, and it's part of my bench today. Use it for crosscut only. A few years ago I learned about negative rake angle crosscut blades for RAS and that's the only blade I'll use on it  now except for the occasional dado cut. The negative tooth blade has given the saw a whole different personality. I've tested it by backing into some 2" hardwood stock  then letting go of the  handle  except for holding my hand against the back side of the handle and the saw just sits there spinning the blade in the cut with no tendency to keep cutting on its own. The bench has 8' fences with tape measures  and T-track for stop  on each side of the blade, great for cutting multiple pieces to length. for ripping cuts I use my Sawstop table saw with a full width 6' outfeed table with storage for plywood offcuts beneath. 
I don't recall if the saw came with a hinged side blade guard, but made one of my own which works like a charm and keeps fingers away from the blade. 
The saw seldom needs adjustment for 90 degree cuts, although I do checked it periodically. For pieces of moderate length that I want to cut at 45 degrees I have a portable "table" with 45 degree fences that I set on the bench which is quicker than adjusting the saw's arm to 45 degrees and then back to 90 degrees.

Attached Files Image(s)