tambour construction
I always wanted to be able to construct tambours, and have started a test project, a small pencil box, the plans for which were obtained from the wood archivist website. The author describes using Irish linen bedded in yellow glue to hold the slats of the tambour together. He advised caution and wax to avoid accidentally gluing the slats together.

I've seen other authors recommend silk or canvas in place of the linen, and contact cement for the adhesive. I think a milled ball and socket joint is sometimes used.

Are there other methods of holding a tambour together? Has anyone ever tried using a permanent tape like Gorilla Waterproof Patch and Seal in place of a fabric? I'm currently planning to try that tape. If it works well, it will be a major improvement over fiddling with glue and fabric.
I don't want to brag, but some of my wood is on its 2nd or 3rd project!