Tip of the day
Other day I was wrapping some gifts in the shop when it occurred to me that the cutting grid lines on the back of the wrapping paper are 1" squares... and I had a project I was trying to scale from a picture.  Very handy... and almost certainly cheaper than layout paper design for stuff like that.  Used the Super77 adhesive to stick it to some masonite and then cut templates.  I'm sure I'm not the first guy to do it, but I felt pretty smart.
Yes
Well, you're definitely smart than me because I've never seen the layout lines you describe on the back of wrapping paper.

Maybe that's because I'm the world's worst gift wrapper.  
Laugh

Now I'm gonna have to go look.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
Yup, I don't wrap so have never seen the grid.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I've seen the grid, but the "stuff" we are currently using doesn't have the grid.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, make some sawdust.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
We got some like that from Costco or Sams a while back. Useful to sketch out full size drawings also. The paper I have has pretty accurate 1" markings.
When I have a scaled down plan I take it to a good local copy shop and ask them to enlarge it. Many of these shops have large format printers and can print them full size. Worse case us they print several sheets that need to be taped together.

I wanted to make an Adirondack chair the the back shaped like the state of Michigan. I took a map and figured how much it needed to be enlarged. The copy shop printed it on a large format printer and I was able to use that to make my templates.