New Yankee Workshop
(01-05-2024, 07:15 PM)Bulldog 8 Wrote: I have built most of the wooden furniture in our house and many other smaller projects from watching Norm and thinking "I can do that." I would really like to know how many garage workshops and hobby woodworkers started by watching NYW.

Excellent point! I'm guessing "a ton!" 

Doug
You can watch NYW on YouTube.
Norm was great.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(01-05-2024, 07:15 PM)Bulldog 8 Wrote: I have built most of the wooden furniture in our house and many other smaller projects from watching Norm and thinking "I can do that." I would really like to know how many garage workshops and hobby woodworkers started by watching NYW.

Count me as one.  First it was a Griz contractor saw, then a used Griz 6" jointer, then the Delta lunchbox planer, and started to work with hardwoods, milling up my own stock - the rest is history, e.g., upgrades, handtools, benches, etc., etc.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(01-01-2024, 12:46 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: Ps I enjoyed Norms Show and I am planning to go back and watch them again. I will be reminded as to why I love working with wood. I can't afford a domino. But I can still cut a mortice. Actually I can afford a domino, I just do not see the need, there for I have no plans to buy one. Please do not read into something I didn't say. There is nothing wrong with a Domino and if you want one,  buy it. It is just not for me. 

Tom

Can also cut a groove for a spline to. 
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Nice job, Tom! Norm was responsible for my venture into woodworking. I've met him before and he's a really nice guy. His knowledge starting off was more of a carpenter/finish carpenter, but when NYW was created, it was a journey of continuous improvement in technique, which I really appreciated. I also liked that many of Norm's projects were copies of actual vintage furniture in museums.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Such a great post!

My father gave me my work ethic and the comfort of working with my hands and DIY.
My middle school Industrial Arts teacher opened my eyes to crafting and the world of woodworking.
Norm planted the dream that I could have a woodshop of my own someday.
And then there's you guys in this forum who have shared your knowledge and wisdom over the years.

These are all responsible for the enjoyment of woodworking that I have today. I thank God for all of them.