VFD Issues
Powermatic 3520B was running fine, next morning...not.
A friend, an electrical engineer, isolated the problem to the VDF.  I see a new VDF is about $300.  I am highly intimidated by electrical controls.  What options does the WN BrainTrust suggest?
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Bill

ALOT of them either went bad or going bad.  A year ago I asked PM and they were NOT helpful.  Frank helped me out by getting me another one and programming it for me.  
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Depending on the HP and the parameters you need, there are lots of options in VFD's out there these days, and they are fairly reasonably priced. Wolf Automation has been a pretty large player in the past but there are others that are very competent. Typically their tech support folks are a good resource in helping you to find the best solution for your particular application.

I would do some online research and then give them a call. You should be able to easily find one that works for your needs.

Doug
I enjoy telling people "God loves you, but He loves me more."  Another example: a friend in the wood turning club told me which VFD to order and he is going to do the install.  He enjoys working on tools more than working with wood.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(02-12-2024, 09:11 AM)Bill Holt Wrote: I enjoy telling people "God loves you, but He loves me more."  Another example: a friend in the wood turning club told me which VFD to order and he is going to do the install.  He enjoys working on tools more than working with wood.

It's a fairly simple process for someone knowledgeable on VFD's. You just have to pay attention to the interfacing to the controls on the lathe.
Frank
(02-12-2024, 09:11 AM)Bill Holt Wrote: I enjoy telling people "God loves you, but He loves me more."  Another example: a friend in the wood turning club told me which VFD to order and he is going to do the install.  He enjoys working on tools more than working with wood.

That is the big thing there
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Glad it worked out for you, Bill.
Smile