Fred Hargis
Posting here because I don't think Fred spends time in the basement. Mods/Admins feel free to move as appropriate.

Anyways, prayers for Fred, his wife and others in the Wapakoneta OH area. A major tornado struck there yesterday. Attempts to contact Fred by text, phone so far today and through another forum have yielded no reply. I'm hoping it's only a power, phoneline, or cell phone tower outage as a result of the storm. However, it appears Fred was 1/2 mile or maybe less from the center of the tornado. I saw a storm chaser video on YouTube last night following the storm. Scary.

https://www.wapakdailynews.com/tornado-b...b0bf5.html

I had the privilege to attend a meet and greet day hosted by Fred at his shop a few years back. Also met his wife. Great, hospitable people.
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
Stickied to help visibility.

If you learn something, you can hit Report/Other to let us know that it can be unstickied.

My best wishes in finding your friend safe and sound.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(03-15-2024, 10:29 AM)Grandpa Dave Wrote: Posting here because I don't think Fred spends time in the basement. Mods/Admins feel free to move as appropriate.

Anyways, prayers for Fred, his wife and others in the Wapakoneta OH area. A major tornado struck there yesterday. Attempts to contact Fred by text, phone so far today and through another forum have yielded no reply. I'm hoping it's only a power, phoneline, or cell phone tower outage as a result of the storm. However, it appears Fred was 1/2 mile or maybe less from the center of the tornado. I saw a storm chaser video on YouTube last night following the storm. Scary.

https://www.wapakdailynews.com/tornado-b...b0bf5.html

I had the privilege to attend a meet and greet day hosted by Fred at his shop a few years back. Also met his wife. Great, hospitable people.

Fred has always been very helpful, both here and over at Lumberjocks.  I didn't see anything posted about him over there.

Hope he and his family are OK.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
Thanks guys for the cconcern and prayers. Bandit was able to get in touch with him late yesterday. IDK if he drove up or what? Anyways, Fred and his wife are OK. Main issue currently is lack of electricity, consequently internet. Beyond that, it doesn't sound like he had any major damage to the property.

And yes, Fred is always willing to help; just a great guy period. It was my privilege to get to see his awesome shop and spend a day with him.

Great news.

Thanks for the update.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
Thanks all. We were spared from damage from the storms, not so much for some of my regional neighbors. All we lost was power (24 hours) and internet/cable (just back on a few hours ago) after the Thursday night storms.  A local community was flattened with 3 dead, and a large local private campground about 1 mile away with some permanent residents was also flattened....8 hospitalized from there.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thankful you were spared Fred. Prayers for others. Great to have you back online again.

Grateful that you and your family are OK, Fred.

Prayers for the community as these events make profound changes for many people.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
Fred,

Glad that y'all came through okay.

My prayers added for your local communities.

One of the greenies will unsticky the thread tomorrow to give more people to catch up.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.