Build Thread for my Brother's Urn
Magnificent design and craftmanship!  Thank you for taking the time to share the build.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
A chuck on a live center in a tailstock comes in handy for holding a lot of unusual shapes, doesn't it? I'm using one right now but it's not (and won't be) nearly as pretty as yours.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
Frank

So sorry to hear of your brother passing buddy.  You are making a great gift for his farewell.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Very elegant! I'm not a fan of segmented work but this is lovely. Excellent tribute to your brother.

Gary
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
That's a stunning piece.
Bravo sir, a job well done............
Great job, Frank. Nice looking vase which will be a fine tribute to your brother's memory. I'm assuming it was Thanksgiving last year that you lost him.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I appreciate all the compliments guys. And yes, it was Thanksgiving "last" year not this year. Thanks for pointing that out Allan.
Frank
Absolutely gorgeous.
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
I'm sorry for your loss.

That's an awesome piece of work, you should be proud. Thanks for the how to pics.

A few years back I decided to make boxes for the ashes of my wife and I. Sometime later we bought space in a cemetery. That's when I found out that the boxes I made were too big to fit in the space.

I was a mechanic for 39 years, I thought I would feel at home in a toolbox.

Attached Files Image(s)