Ortho Weed Clear
Application rate is 2 oz per gallon for northern lawns an 1 oz per gallon for southern lawns.  Why the difference?  My lawn in NC is tall fescue - would 2 oz per gallon be a problem?  1 oz per gallon doesn't seem like much?

Rick
Rick

Perhaps they mean cool season grass (e.g., tall fescue, Kentucky bluegrass, etc.) vs. warm season grass (e.g., zoysia, Bermuda, etc.)? That roughly translates to Northern and Southern lawns. In NC, you might be able to grow both types.

Tyler
What are you basing your claim that 1oz per gallon is not much? In my experience, drift from the wind is enough to kill many plants.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

(04-22-2024, 04:26 PM)EatenByLimestone Wrote: What are you basing your claim that 1oz per gallon is not much?  In my experience, drift from the wind is enough to kill many plants.

+1

Also, Ortho Clear is Glyphosate-isopropylammonium 5%, Imazapyr, isopropylamine salt 0.08% Same as Round-Up

My guess is mixed too strong it will kill the grass.

I use Pasture Pro and 2,4-D.  Active ingredient: Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid.
They're are basically the same thing.

Pasture Pro has gone way up in price the last couple years so I switched to 2,4-D.

They don't kill as fast as Roundup but won't hurt the grass or non-leafy plants like tulips and ornamental grasses. And less issues with harming plants from it drifting. It will kill grass if mixed too strong. Directions say 3oz per gallon. I mix 2oz per gallon and it works... a little slower but it still works.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

(04-22-2024, 04:26 PM)EatenByLimestone Wrote: What are you basing your claim that 1oz per gallon is not much?  In my experience, drift from the wind is enough to kill many plants.

Nothing scientific - just curious why northern lawns use twice as much as southern lawns.  

Rick
Rick

"Nothing scientific - just curious why northern lawns use twice as much as southern lawns."

Not so much "use" as "will tolerate" for the grass itself.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
Grass ain’t meant to grow in the south; the farther south you go, the more poison needed to help it survive. In Florida, this has done nothing good for our rivers, streams and lakes.
Makes a lot of money for Jose and Co. though.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.