Woodnet Forums
Finished my tool box - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Finished my tool box (/showthread.php?tid=6234712)

Pages: 1 2

Finished my tool box - Jonathan S - 01-24-2013

I had been wanting to build a tool box to carry tools to club demos, and classes. I decided to do something along the lines of the Stanley tool box that was posted a while back. I took the Sketchup file that Doobes created and scaled it up a bit to hold 26" hand saws. I opted for a milk paint finish. Details are on my blog

Thanks for looking. Comments and critiques always welcome.

Jonathan

Re: Finished my tool box - ncosman - 01-24-2013

Digging it!

Re: Finished my tool box - swagman - 01-24-2013

Thats one fine looking toolbox Jonathan. Nice work,

Stewie;

Re: Finished my tool box - Wilbur Pan - 01-24-2013

Terrific job! That looks great.

Re: Finished my tool box - joemac - 01-24-2013

Jonathan, very nice!! It is not only functional but very well thought out and extremely well crafted. I especially like the hinges.

The entire piece flows.

Re: Finished my tool box - Jason Chestnut - 01-24-2013

Looks awesome. Can you give up some details? What are the dimensions on the sawtill? I'm doing some preliminary in-the-brain planning for a chest, and I'm not 100% sure what to allow for saws. I'm probably going to end up with 5 total and want to figure out what width I'll need.

Re: Finished my tool box - renaissanceww - 01-24-2013

There is something about the look of clear finished secondary woods inside a painted exterior that I love. Great tool box. I'm starting to realize just how many tools can fit in a small box like this and just how much you can get done with those few tools. Its kinda liberating

Re: Finished my tool box - DaveParkis - 01-24-2013

Very, very nice. Nice stealth gloat on the bedrock, too.

Re: Finished my tool box - ZachDillinger - 01-24-2013

That's a great looking box, and I'm sure its highly functional. Nicely done!

Re: Finished my tool box - Crooked Tail - 01-24-2013

Very nice! I really like those hinges. Look great on that box. Does it weigh a ton when filled with tools?