Woodnet Forums
Handworks- Photos added - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Handworks- Photos added (/showthread.php?tid=7015711)

Handworks- Photos added - joemac - 05-16-2015

It was a mob scene this morning to Hera St Roy and he didn't disappoint. ALL of the hand tool makers are here and sales are brisk. I'll post photos when I get home tonight

Re: Woodworks - Martin S. - 05-16-2015

Please post lots of photos.

Those of us who couldn't be there are seriously bummed.

Re: Woodworks - TroutVictor - 05-16-2015

Amen to that. I hold a week long bamboo rod building class for disabled vets and it wraps up tonight so attending Woodworks was out of the question. I am seriously thinking about adjusting the dates for next year if it conflicts.

Missing the Studley Chest is a major bummer.

I just hope folks lots of pics and blog entries.

Re: Woodworks - joemac - 05-16-2015

I have quite a few photos I'll post tonight. Saw Slav, Wilbur Pan, Mike Brady, Robin Lee, Deneb, Carl biederbach, Ron Breese, Joel, Mary May, Ramey, Father John, Jameel, Larry Williams, Meghan, Patrick Leach ..... Everyone from the hand tool industry was there.

What was missing you ask? No fudge sales, no sham wow, no one with microphones and amplified voice, no power tool noise, no pressure, just a lot of like minded folks enjoying each other and a welcoming feeling in an old, restored and very comfortable barn.

Not a bad way to spend a Saturday. Not bad at all.

Re: Woodworks - AHill - 05-16-2015

Some day I'll get there. Did you mean Handworks?

Re: Woodworks - joemac - 05-16-2015

AHill said:

Some day I'll get there. Did you mean Handworks?

Yes Handworks. There were so many tools there, my addled brain skipped a cog.

Re: Handworks - ncosman - 05-16-2015

I am seething with envy!!!!
HAVE FUN!

Re: Woodworks - Maxwell - 05-16-2015

How about some info on the Lee Valley / Veritas fancy new plane that was suppose to be on show?????

Re: Woodworks - Mike Brady - 05-16-2015

Roy was hilarious. He expanded on the notion of "radio woodworker" in his table-top performance. He also had a gaggle of lady-shills in the audience. There is definitely a Roy Underhill and Roy Underhill, The Woodwright. They are never seen together in the same room. When the cap and vest appear, it's Game On!

Re: Woodworks - Plane Junkie - 05-16-2015

I didn't see a new Veritas plane, but they did release their new chisel hi I g guide, either as a complete unit, or as an add-on to the mkII guide.

Matt