Woodnet Forums
If you like Hitachi, check your local Home Depot - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: If you like Hitachi, check your local Home Depot (/showthread.php?tid=7064233)

If you like Hitachi, check your local Home Depot - mission16 - 07-28-2015

Hitachi air tools and fasteners have been clearanced at The Home Depot.
Good deals to be had.

Re: If you like Hitachi, check your local THD. - EvilTwin - 07-29-2015

What is THD?

Re: If you like Hitachi, check your local THD. - rayknight - 07-29-2015

I just googled THD and found a national hemorrhoid treatment center. I don't want to buy power tools there. I guess there might (I say might) be another THD, ?some regional big box store???

Re: If you like Hitachi, check your local THD. - retfr8flyr - 07-29-2015

Could he mean The Home Depot?

Re: If you like Hitachi, check your local THD. - Bob10 - 07-29-2015

I think it is HD but I didn't notice the tools being clearanced. I picked up a bunch of nails though. 3 1/4" framing nails for $5 a case and 2 3/8" galvanized for $14.95 I think I won't have buy anymore for the rest of my life unless I start building houses or fences for a living

Re: If you like Hitachi, check your local THD. - SceneryMaker - 07-29-2015

Bob10 said:

I picked up a bunch of nails though.

You still use nails?

Re: If you like Hitachi, check your local THD. - mission16 - 07-29-2015

The Home Depot, sorry.

If all, you found was nails, then all the nailers are gone. Some still online.

Re: If you like Hitachi, check your local Home Depot - kurt18947 - 07-30-2015

I knew the the blue borg carried Hitachi, I didn't know about the orange borg and don't recall seeing Hitachi air nailers in the H.D. stores. Their price on the NR90 framing nailer are better than Lowes, though. $179 vs $165

Re: If you like Hitachi, check your local Home Depot - tomsteve - 07-30-2015

kurt18947 said:

I knew the the blue borg carried Hitachi, I didn't know about the orange borg and don't recall seeing Hitachi air nailers in the H.D. stores. Their price on the NR90 framing nailer are better than Lowes, though. $179 vs $165

Doesnt BORG= Big Orange Retail Giant?

Re: If you like Hitachi, check your local Home Depot - Admiral - 07-30-2015

tomsteve said:

[blockquote]kurt18947 said:

Doesnt BORG= Big Orange Retail Giant?

[/blockquote]

Originally a Star Trek reference . . . "resistance is futile" which has been applied to any big box store that drives out smaller competitors.

from Wikipedia:

Borg (Star Trek)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Borg is a collective proper noun for a fictional alien race that appears as recurring antagonists in the Star Trek franchise. The Borg are a collection of species that have been turned into cybernetic organisms functioning as drones in a hive mind called the Collective, or the hive. The Borg use a process called assimilation to force other species into the Collective by violent injection of microscopic machines called nanoprobes. The Borg's ultimate goal is "achieving perfection".

The Borg have become a symbol in popular culture for any juggernaut against which "resistance is futile".