Woodnet Forums
Stair Landing Display Cabinets - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Stair Landing Display Cabinets (/showthread.php?tid=7116656)

Pages: 1 2

Stair Landing Display Cabinets - Russell Hudson - 10-10-2015

Our client had a stairwell running up through the center of his house. On one of the landings, he had a wall with 22” of unused (depth) space behind it and wanted display cabinets sunk into the wall. He wanted the face and surrounding woodwork to be very rich-looking so we treated the cabinet much like a fireplace mantle.
We were to design it (keeping with his home’s style in mind), construct and install the unit.
Here’s a early construction pic in the shop / notice that the columns, left & right, sit on the face of the sheetrock and the cabs run deeper, back into the wall’s surface.

We added the top (which was to act as a shelf) and primed it.

Here it is installed…

Once the paint was finished, knobs were attached & the glass inserted…. he sent me these pics as he was so happy with how it turned out.

I thought it looked pretty good too / check out the website gallery, if you’d like

Russell Hudson / Hudson Cabinetmaking, Inc.

Re: Stair Landing Display Cabinets - Joel H. - 10-10-2015

Great plan, looks and use of space. Win-win-win! Goes well with the wainscoting too.

Nicely executed.

Joel

Re: Stair Landing Display Cabinets - Paul K. Murphy - 10-10-2015

It's beautiful.

Re: Stair Landing Display Cabinets - Dennis Puskar - 10-10-2015

Very nice excellent work.

Re: Stair Landing Display Cabinets - KC - 10-11-2015

Beautiful. Love the mirror!

Re: Stair Landing Display Cabinets - Mark A Smith - 10-11-2015

Stunning! I, too, like the idea of the mirror back and the glass shelves.

Re: Stair Landing Display Cabinets - jteneyck - 10-11-2015

Another winner, Russel. The style looks like it blends right in with what was there, and the workmanship is up to your typical quality. Well done.

John

Re: Stair Landing Display Cabinets - AgGEM - 10-11-2015

Stunning...

Re: Stair Landing Display Cabinets - Gui - 10-12-2015

Really nice. Can you explain the process you use to get the very smooth white finish on site? Can't tell from the picture, but I assume i would not see brush marks on that piece....

Re: Stair Landing Display Cabinets - RobertM - 10-12-2015

Very nice! The mirror back really adds depth to the piece.