Woodnet Forums
Propeller Clock - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Propeller Clock (/showthread.php?tid=7141815)

Propeller Clock - Big Dave - 11-12-2015

A friend of mine called me one a couple months back and asked if his mom could contact me about making something for her. He couldn't tell me what it was as it was to be a Christmas gift. A couple days later I get a call from Evelyn, and she tells me about the project. She stopped by a little later that day with a page torn from a catalog and points to a clock made to look like a boat's propeller. It is to be a gift for her daughter who runs a charter fishing boat in Alaska. We talk about the details a bit, and then she leaves me with a head thinking about just how I'm going to go about the build...

I had a couple other projects I was working on at the time, but was finally able to start on this one a couple weeks ago. Fast forward to today...

The hub is just over 6" in diameter with the blades 9" long x ~7" at their widest.

She picked it up this afternoon and was quite pleased. Comments and critiques are always welcome!

Thanks for looking!

Dave

Re: Propeller Clock - Herb G - 11-12-2015

Definitely worthy of a gloat.

Re: Propeller Clock - chips ahoy - 11-12-2015

well done sir, excellent work.

Mel

Re: Propeller Clock - goaliedad - 11-12-2015

Very cool

Re: Propeller Clock - BaileyNo5 - 11-14-2015

Very unique, Dave, and well done. When I read your post I envisioned a clock with hands that looked like propeller blades. But they would be to fat, and cover up the clock face. Does she run her charter out of Seward? Homer?

Re: Propeller Clock - Big Dave - 11-14-2015

Thanks, Guys!

I'm not certain where she charters out of. But I do know she knows her stuff. Her brother always comes back with a freezer full o'fish...

Thanks again!

Re: Propeller Clock - BrokenOlMarine - 11-18-2015

Very Nice... something anyone with a boat would be proud to hang at home or in the office.