Woodnet Forums
Finished! Quick and Kinda Easy Christmas Presents - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Finished! Quick and Kinda Easy Christmas Presents (/showthread.php?tid=7171785)

Finished! Quick and Kinda Easy Christmas Presents - MeanGene - 12-19-2015

Finished these cheese slicers yesterday. Well, almost. Still need to pick up a couple sets of rubber feet and another slicer. Made from shop scraps and a few cut-offs from the local Woodcraft bin. Perfect for my wine loving friends and family.
Merry Christmas!

" />

" />

" />

Re: Finished! Quick and Kinda Easy Christmas Presents - akertesz - 12-19-2015

Where did you get the slicer portion? Looks like a great gift idea.

Re: Finished! Quick and Kinda Easy Christmas Presents - Dusty from Ky - 12-19-2015

you can get the slicer parts from here---look under replacement parts.
www.prodyne.com

Re: Finished! Quick and Kinda Easy Christmas Presents - MeanGene - 12-19-2015

I got them at Woodcraft.

Re: Finished! Quick and Kinda Easy Christmas Presents - Arlin Eastman - 12-19-2015

I really like them and will put them down as a To Make list.

Arlin

Re: Finished! Quick and Kinda Easy Christmas Presents - Steve N - 12-19-2015

MeanGene said:

I got them at Woodcraft.

I did a bunch of them too. I also got the slicer parts at WoodCraft Back in October they were in the sales flyer, seems I paid much less than this online price. They have 2 sizes available, the larger one will also do a good many sizes of bread.

Awesome use of scrap wood pieces.

Re: Finished! Quick and Kinda Easy Christmas Presents - JerrySats - 12-20-2015

They look great , nice job on them . I was looking at the woodcraft sites instructions , they talk about replacing the wire when it breaks but don't seem to sell replacement wire . Is the wire something you can find easily if it breaks ?

Re: Finished! Quick and Kinda Easy Christmas Presents - MeanGene - 12-20-2015

The wires are pretty sturdy and I doubt they will easily break. However, the replacement wires are available at Prodyne as detailed in Dusty's post, above. Thanks Dusty, I was not familiar with that company.

Re: Finished! Quick and Kinda Easy Christmas Presents - Steve N - 12-20-2015

I wasn't that impressed that the wire was anything special. Maybe I missed something. I agree with Gene though, not likely to break anytime soon.

Thinking you could easily get something off this page too.

Re: Finished! Quick and Kinda Easy Christmas Presents - bennybmn - 12-21-2015

I just saw that kit in the woodraft flyer and wondered how they would turn out. Looks great! Thanks for the post. I think I'll make a couple...