Woodnet Forums
Free Woodturning seminar in Indianapolis - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Free Woodturning seminar in Indianapolis (/showthread.php?tid=7187906)

Free Woodturning seminar in Indianapolis - Hoosier25 - 01-08-2016

On January 20, 2016 , Jim Dupler, a renown Indianapolis wood turner, will be giving free demonstration, details in newsletter attached.
January 2016 Newsletter

Or see are web site: www.ciww.org

Roger Poer
Treasurer

Re: Free Woodturning seminar in Indianapolis - Arlin Eastman - 01-08-2016

Thanks for posting for everyone. I sure hope people here go that need it and look forward to hearing about it.

Arlin

Re: Free Woodturning seminar in Indianapolis - Hoosier25 - 01-11-2016

If anyone would like to attend as my guest, go ahead PM me. Event is Wednesday, 1/20/2016 at 7PM (Eastern).

Thanks,

Roger

Re: Free Woodturning seminar in Indianapolis - Hoosier25 - 01-20-2016

Last chance, the program is tonight. See original post for information.

Roger

Re: Free Woodturning seminar in Indianapolis - StanJ - 01-21-2016

My son, Spencer, and I went to the meeting. It was excellent. The speaker shared some great tips about metal inlay as well letting us try wood piercing with his tools. We learned quite a bit of new information.

Show and tell was neat. We got to see and hear about what the members are making. A mask carving, a lamp with colored or stained glass, a really neat little dump truck, and cube with 2.5 holes drilled all the way through. There were more.

As we were driving home Spencer told me that the presidents final words sounded like a Scoutmaster minute - which is a good thing - he connected with a 17 year old.

We will be going back to the next meeting.

Stay safe and have a great weekend in your shop.

Re: Free Woodturning seminar in Indianapolis - Arlin Eastman - 01-21-2016

That sounds like great news, both about how good the meeting was and how it reached out to your son.

Now I really look forward to seeing what both of you do.

Arlin