Woodnet Forums
Anyone figger out how to graft 2 pencils together?? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Anyone figger out how to graft 2 pencils together?? (/showthread.php?tid=7214346)

Pages: 1 2 3

Anyone figger out how to graft 2 pencils together?? - Dumb_Polack - 02-08-2016

Hi,

I have a bunch of pencils where I've worn down the eraser and others where the pencils have erasers, but they're pretty short.

See where I'm going with this?

I want to graft the short pencils with the erasers on to the longer ones without erasers. Any tips??

(and don't suggest a mechanical pencil!!!)

Re: Anyone figger out how to graft 2 pencils together?? - Rob Young - 02-08-2016

Dumb_Polack said:

Hi,

I have a bunch of pencils where I've worn down the eraser and others where the pencils have erasers, but they're pretty short.

See where I'm going with this?

I want to graft the short pencils with the erasers on to the longer ones without erasers. Any tips??

(and don't suggest a mechanical pencil!!!)

Not putting pencils together but does give a way to hold onto really, really short pencils : https://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKBFPCLCH.html

Re: Anyone figger out how to graft 2 pencils together?? - Dusty from Ky - 02-08-2016

Buy new pencils, they don't cost that much!@

Re: Anyone figger out how to graft 2 pencils together?? - Phydeaux - 02-08-2016

I hear if you suspend them in water they'll sprout roots then you can plant your own pencil tree.

Or was that avocados?

Re: Anyone figger out how to graft 2 pencils together?? - Dumb_Polack - 02-08-2016

Phy-

You think I haven't tried that? Ima cheap SOB!

Re: Anyone figger out how to graft 2 pencils together?? - RedBob - 02-08-2016

Mechanical pencil; .07 leads and replaceable erasers.

Bob

Re: Anyone figger out how to graft 2 pencils together?? - Boatman53 - 02-08-2016

Duct tape of course.
Jim

Re: Anyone figger out how to graft 2 pencils together?? - clockman - 02-08-2016

tongue and groove the ends, and epoxy.

Re: Anyone figger out how to graft 2 pencils together?? - JGrout - 02-08-2016

long as you can tapered splice joint then glue

Re: Anyone figger out how to graft 2 pencils together?? - fredhargis - 02-08-2016

You're kidding, right?