Woodnet Forums
Porter Cable 121 spindle sander - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Porter Cable 121 spindle sander (/showthread.php?tid=7226302)

Porter Cable 121 spindle sander - cad - 02-22-2016

Anyone have experience with this sander? How well does it work? Do you know what accessories came with it? ie More than 1 spindle size?

Re: Porter Cable 121 spindle sander - Robert Adams - 02-22-2016

Used one once and it seemed to be a beefy built machine. I'd like one but they are hard to find at a reasonable price. I know where one is still on the shelf and most likely will be for years that when I can afford it I'll buy it. I like that it can be portable as well as table mounted.

Yes they had a couple spindle sizes as well.

Re: Porter Cable 121 spindle sander - KLaz - 02-22-2016

Had one for a few years and mounted it to a router insert so I could drop it in a table for table top spindle sander.

It worked fined and had no issues with it other than it was a little loud and dust collection was sub-par. Had a few different diameter drums with it too.

I bought the Ridgid belt/spindle sander a couple years ago and never used the PC anymore.

Think I sold the PC to a WN'er if I'm not mistaken.

Re: Porter Cable 121 spindle sander - JGrout - 02-22-2016

I believe the used market is the only place to find one these days.

maybe some NOS exists somewhere though

Re: Porter Cable 121 spindle sander - toolmiser - 02-22-2016

I have one that I've used very little since I have a stationary spindle sander, but I've had a couple occasions where I had a large piece and it was definitely the"go to tool". If I was to do it over again, I would purchase this, make a stand, and forget the stationary tool. I also think it's well built. Too bad porter cable has fallen so far.

Re: Porter Cable 121 spindle sander - meackerman - 02-22-2016

I have one somewhere. Don't use it very often but its great for large pieces that don't fit on my stationary sander

Re: Porter Cable 121 spindle sander - giradman - 02-27-2016

cad said:

Anyone have experience with this sander? How well does it work? Do you know what accessories came with it? ie More than 1 spindle size?

Hi Cad - I have that sander and have place the machine upside down in a home-made stand that allows bringing the workpiece to the oscillating sanding drum - dust collection has been excellent for me - I'll be glad to post pics if your have this sander and want to see what I designed (very simple) - Dave

Re: Porter Cable 121 spindle sander - BigD - 02-29-2016

Check out a post of mine from a few years back:

I don't know how to link to an old post, but do a search for my posts in Woodworking power tools (more than one year old). Look for a thread called "Anyone built a downdraft table?"

Look for my reply dated 08/29/13. It shows how I incorporated this sander into my downdraft table. It is a great sander and I use it a lot.

Send me a PM for any questions (drum diameters etc.)