Woodnet Forums
Simple Cremation Urn - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Simple Cremation Urn (/showthread.php?tid=7243565)

Pages: 1 2

Simple Cremation Urn - jsears - 03-15-2016

A friend of mine asked me to make a cremation urn for his son who was killed in a traffic accident a year ago yesterday (03-14-15). He and his family have been really struggling with the death over the past year, so I felt honored that he asked me to do something so personal for them. Craftsmanship wise, it is nothing special at all. Just a box made from curly cherry. But he had the crowning glory (in my opinion) added by having the laser engraving done by someone. I wish I could take credit for that, but I can't. Anyway, here it is.

Re: Simple Cremation Urn - bennybmn - 03-15-2016

A fine job!! You're a good friend.

Re: Simple Cremation Urn - AHill - 03-15-2016

Great job! Coal mining is a hard, dirty job, but it pays well. My grandfather worked in a coal mine in Kentucky in the 1910's. We found a pay stub after he passed away. He was paid $0.50/hour. There were deductions for some toiletries he'd bought at the company store. In 1917 or thereabouts, that wage was REALLY good for a working man. He quit the coal mine to become a pastor.

Re: Simple Cremation Urn - Halfathumb - 03-15-2016

You're a good man Charlie Brown!

Re: Simple Cremation Urn - DaveR1 - 03-15-2016

Very nice work. It looks similar to the urn design for The Urns For Vets Project.

Re: Simple Cremation Urn - packerguy® - 03-15-2016

Well done!

Re: Simple Cremation Urn - chips ahoy - 03-15-2016

Very well done Jim, what are the dimensions?

Mel

Re: Simple Cremation Urn - RedBob - 03-15-2016

What a great thing, to be asked to build something so personal and special. Well done. Good man.
Bob

Re: Simple Cremation Urn - Herb G - 03-15-2016

Jeez man, that's an emotional project I have no desire to fulfill.
Good on ya for doing it.
I don't know whether to or

Re: Simple Cremation Urn - Steve N - 03-15-2016

Jim hopefully that will be part of what allows them to heal. You've done good work in trying. I'll say a prayer for all involved that they may find peace.