Woodnet Forums
What are you working on? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: What are you working on? (/showthread.php?tid=7285608)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

What are you working on? - Guest - 05-18-2016

Things seem a little slow on the boards lately. Let's liven it up a bit. Tell us about what you're working on and post pics. Here's mine:

I'm building a large double chest of drawers for my daughter and son-in-law. It will fit in an alcove in their home in D.C. It's figured maple with Blum under mount "Tandem Plus" drawer slides. All I have left to do is make and attach the drawer fronts and make final adjustments to get everything lined up and flush. Here's a pic or three:

Re: What are you working on? - bennybmn - 05-18-2016

I was thinking the same thing about being slow!
Right now I'm only working on a cutting board... On deck I need to build a step stool for my toddler for the bathroom. After that?!? Who knows

Re: What are you working on? - Guest - 05-18-2016

Cool cutting board! Walnut and maple?

Re: What are you working on? - Bill Holt - 05-18-2016

GREAT cutting board!!!

No pictures. Hope to finish by next week a trestle style dinner table and matching bench for our daughter-n-law. Reclaimed lumber from 1886 factory. Most enjoyable project I can remember.

Re: What are you working on? - BloomingtonMike - 05-18-2016

Track and field award platform and slat-wall wall panels for my new shed. Also cleaned up both shops working areas and organized some toolboxes last night. I love working in a de-cluttered space!

Love the cutting boards.

Re: What are you working on? - Guest - 05-18-2016

Bill, post pictures when you're done, or before. Sounds like a great project.

Re: What are you working on? - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 05-18-2016

I'm working on a replica of a folding-leaf table I saw in a store. I only started it two years ago...

The top is glued up, as are the sides for the lower case. The legs are cut, as are the aprons.

I just need to cut mortices and tenons and start putting it together.

I'm building it from cherry.

The original piece:

Re: What are you working on? - Scoony - 05-18-2016

Working on a pair of Cherry Night Tables that will match our dressers. Been a long time coming for these.

In between working on the tables, I made a pair of these stools in walnut and maple

Re: What are you working on? - jteneyck - 05-18-2016

Slow is an understatement. That's why I posted the pictures about making raised panels with a horizontal router mortiser. I thought it might stimulate some discussion but there was hardly a response.
I hope yours does better.

John

Re: What are you working on? - wood2woodknot - 05-18-2016

Nothing so talented. Almost done with a jewelry box for granddaughter's graduation next week. Have a final coat or two of Arm-R-Seal to wipe on and then add a clasp for the lid. Not very good at carving so I had her name laser etched into the lid.