Woodnet Forums
Qualspray retainer ring size - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Qualspray retainer ring size (/showthread.php?tid=7322897)

Pages: 1 2

Qualspray retainer ring size - angelosart - 09-18-2016

I have an old qualspray help finishing kit. .8, 1.2, 1.5mm. The three retainer rings do not have a size stamped on them. Of course they got mixed up on me. Does anyone know if they are all the same or how to tell which size is which??

RE: Qualspray retainer ring size - jteneyck - 09-18-2016

Retainers rings for what? 

John

RE: Qualspray retainer ring size - angelosart - 09-18-2016

See photo. This green and gold piece on the end of the gun....

I see a blue ring.  If that's what you are asking about, the three with my Qualspray gun are all the same. 

John

RE: Qualspray retainer ring size - Rob Young - 09-18-2016

He may mean the whole aircap. The center holes MAY be different sizes.

Maybe.  On mine they are the same, meaning there are three identical aircaps.  

John

RE: Qualspray retainer ring size - angelosart - 09-19-2016

I meant the whole aircap. I took a digital caliper to the main hole and got same reading in mm but the difference would be so small I wanted to ask anyway

RE: Qualspray retainer ring size - Snipe Hunter - 09-19-2016

Are they different colors or do they have an A or B or C on them?

RE: Qualspray retainer ring size - jteneyck - 09-20-2016

(09-19-2016, 07:20 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Are they different colors or do they have an A or B or C on them?

On mine they are all the same with no distinguishing marks, etc.  But they don't need any because any of them can be used with any N/N set.  The outside of the nozzles all have the same OD so they fit the same in the common sized air caps. 

It is a bit confusing at first, since you expect that each needle, nozzle, and air cap would be different and only work as a set.  But that's not the way these Qualspray guns work.  The N/N are a set, but the air caps are all the same.  My gun sprays great so I'm fine with that.  Actually, it seems like a good thing.  If one air cap gets gunked up while I'm spraying I can just change it out for another and be right back in business. 

John

RE: Qualspray retainer ring size - Snipe Hunter - 09-21-2016

Double check. The caps shouldn't be all the same. I've never seen that before.