Woodnet Forums
BIRDS IN PARADISE - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: BIRDS IN PARADISE (/showthread.php?tid=7373100)

BIRDS IN PARADISE - Splinterz25 - 05-27-2023

Hello once again everyone I have now completed about 90% of the carving and will be starting the pyrography work next. Most of the details are carved but there will be many achieved with pyrography and color. I have many small leaves at the bottom that overlap many times that is what I've been working on. You will see many changes in the photos if you have been following along the whole time.

RE: BIRDS IN PARADISE - FrankAtl - 05-27-2023

Another beautiful piece Bruce!

RE: BIRDS IN PARADISE - Arlin Eastman - 05-27-2023

That reminds me of the restaurant called Rain Forest we went to many years ago

RE: BIRDS IN PARADISE - Splinterz25 - 05-31-2023

This piece was made from two pieces of soft Maple glued into a blank that was first turned on the lathe to various thicknesses to allow the carving process to take place. After turning on the lathe the pattern was hand drawn and hand carved and pyrography was applied by myself. The finish size is 7" x 11" and the coloring was achieved with alcohol inks blended to make the colors you see. The final finish is satin lacquer, the inside was colored with black acrylic.

RE: BIRDS IN PARADISE - arthropod98 - 05-31-2023

wow . . . that's d@mn amazing!  
Cool

the fact that you kept the colors from running together is really impressive too.  
Yes

RE: BIRDS IN PARADISE - Bill Holt - 05-31-2023

Holy Cow!!!  The parrot looks great, I had to look a second time to see the hummingbird.  One of my mother's favorite plants was the "white elephant ear", at least that is what she called it.  You really nailed it!!!  It looks so real, I cannot believe it is not real, but a piece of art.

Bruce, everything you've posted over the years has been amazing, but I think this one may be at the top.

Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

RE: BIRDS IN PARADISE - GNP - 06-02-2023

Wow. .

RE: BIRDS IN PARADISE - Splinterz25 - 06-03-2023

Thank you everyone! This piece made the cover on WOW. website  The World Of Woodturners. 

This piece has also been sold bought by the Dave Long collection.