Woodnet Forums
I love this guys old school chisel repair - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: I love this guys old school chisel repair (/showthread.php?tid=7375278)

I love this guys old school chisel repair - Arlin Eastman - 03-03-2024

Thing is I threw out some of the ones that were given to me that were as bad.  I also love his tools. 
Yes

RE: I love this guys old school chisel repair - barryvabeach - 03-04-2024

Arlin, thanks,  loved his video, went to youtube and watched a few more. Yes, love his tools -  his anvil is extremely impressive.

RE: I love this guys old school chisel repair - AHill - 03-05-2024

(03-03-2024, 08:45 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote:

Thing is I threw out some of the ones that were given to me that were as bad.  I also love his tools. 
Yes
Doesn't everybody have a home version of an induction heating machine?  Enjoyed the video.  He's a pretty good blacksmith and welder on top of his woodworking expertise.

RE: I love this guys old school chisel repair - titanxt - 03-05-2024

That was an excellent video. Nice shop too. Cleaning up old tools and making new tools look a bit older is so much fun.

RE: I love this guys old school chisel repair - ChuckHill - 03-06-2024

Thanks Arlin!  That was very interesting to watch a skilled blacksmith at work.  And that anvil... man!

RE: I love this guys old school chisel repair - Arlin Eastman - 03-06-2024

Back in the days we had a 600 pounder in our machine/welding shop.  if it was moved it was by forklift

RE: I love this guys old school chisel repair - Arlin Eastman - 03-06-2024

(03-05-2024, 08:10 AM)AHill Wrote: Doesn't everybody have a home version of an induction heating machine?  Enjoyed the video.  He's a pretty good blacksmith and welder on top of his woodworking expertise.

I could not remember what it was called.  Boy would that be nice. 
Yes
Yes
Yes

RE: I love this guys old school chisel repair - AHill - 03-06-2024

(03-06-2024, 05:05 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I could not remember what it was called.  Boy would that be nice. 
Yes
Yes
Yes

One the size that guy had in his shop runs anywhere from $1500-3500.  They are 240V and usually require a 40A circuit breaker.  That means a dedicated circuit to the induction heater.  And that doesn't include the liquid cooled copper coil.  Those portable units are usually only seen in specialty shops.

RE: I love this guys old school chisel repair - ZachDillinger - 03-06-2024

(03-03-2024, 08:45 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote:

Yes

I have a set of Black Bear Forge chisels that I bought at Woodworking in America back in 2016. Excellent tools! Love to see him succeed on YouTube!

RE: I love this guys old school chisel repair - Arlin Eastman - 03-09-2024

(03-06-2024, 04:38 PM)AHill Wrote: One the size that guy had in his shop runs anywhere from $1500-3500.  They are 240V and usually require a 40A circuit breaker.  That means a dedicated circuit to the induction heater.  And that doesn't include the liquid cooled copper coil.  Those portable units are usually only seen in specialty shops.

Only when I win the lottery and after a bigger shop 50x100 then if I have money left over I will get one. 
Laugh