Nerdgasm: Magnehelic installed
I was inspired by others here who have done similarly (luv this site). This lil' project brings me back to my college physics courses.

I was able to procure a Dwyer Magnehelic with the appropriate scale from eBay as a NOS many months ago after reading someone else here having installed one. I was working on my DC the other day (repositioning mag switch) and figured I may as well tackle this too.

I have it taking a reading about 8' upstream of the DC in my 6" piping (two 45s and a reduction from 7" to 6") and I'm getting a static pressure reading slightly above 8" water column which seems to fall in line with Oneida's publications on my 2hp cyclone model. Oneida actually states 8.9" but their reading is right at the 7" inlet (also I only press fit my fittings and my filter isn't perfectly spotless at the moment).

I can now use this physical indication on when to actually clean my DC filter (vs by perceived feel). Oneida recommends a filter cleaning at no more than a 3" drop from (clogged filter) back pressure. I'll most likely be conservative and limit that to no more than 2" drop prior to cleanings.

Anyway, its uber cool.

Thank you fredhargis and John Connor and ??? for the inspiration.

(Pardon the hurried shellac finish. It was lucky to even get a box at all. )
Very nice!

"It was lucky to even get a box at all"
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Now that's just a little over the top, don't y'a think???? Nice job...
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
fredhargis said:

Now that's just a little over the top, don't y'a think????

Just trying to keep up with you big boys.
Way cool.

A quick search on the bay shows there are plenty out there.

Thanks for posting this Cian. Just one more thing I have learned from you on this forum!!!
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Very cool. Is there a specific model you used?

Can we get a pic of the dc and the hook up to it? Is it just a hose that's epoxied to the duct?
jussi said:

Is there a specific model you used?

I used model no. 2010 (2000 series with a 10" swing).

Note that you may want a different model based on your application. Oneida actually sells a a filter efficiency gauge kit that measures the drop across the filter membrane and they deploy a gauge with a 5" swing.

jussi said:

pic of the dc and the hook up to it? Is it just a hose that's epoxied to the duct?

The hose is just press fit into the duct through a slightly undersized hole with the hose end flush (or close to) with the interior wall of the pipe.
that's awesome! Amazing how dependent I've become having it installed.

Very nice. Now when people are in the shop you can walk up to it and tap it a few times with your finger. Say, "that can't be right, can it? This isn't good." Then advise everyone to get the heck out of the house.
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24