Grizzly Power Feeder
Does anyone have one and willing to do a favor? I'm looking for some measurements from a Grizzly unit to try to cross spare parts from Grizzly to a Delta power feeder.

TIA
which one? there are several
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

JGrout: Do you have one?

I think there may be several possibilities from Grizzly. The possibilities include: G1778, G4176, G4179, G4181, and maybe G7873.

I am looking for measurements from the Grizzly to cross parts for a Delta 34-985.
I have a sunhill I think (don't remember off hand) one that is a clone of the 1778 and the G4176 you list .

parts are pretty much all made the same in these feeders IIRC the parent company is CoMatic
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Do you think the Delta 34-985 is also a clone of the G1778/G4176?

I am missing the other set of gears for the Delta. I have found replacement Delta gears available for $250. Way too rich for my blood. Grizzly has them available for $70 plus shipping...if they are the right ones.

This is the manual for the Delta feeder http://documents.dewalt.com/documents/En...340204.pdf

Do you think the Delta, Grizzly and your feeder (Sunhill) all use the same gears? Based on my mechanical knowledge, I would need three measurements to verify if the Grizzly and the Delta gears are the same
(1) the shaft diameter
(2) the distance across the outside edges of the drive shafts
(3) the distance from edge to edge of two gears mated together

Since the shafts don't move then the total diameter of two gears mated needs to stay the same to keep the gear centers in the same location. This requires the distance center to center of the shafts needs to be the same between the two models. But measuring center to center is difficult. Since the shaft diameters must be the same between the units, it allows a comparison of the distance across the outside edges of the drive shafts (which is basically the center to center measurement plus one shaft diameter).
The delta, grizzly, and many other asian import tool mfgs are all using rebranded comatic feeders in many of their models. The grizzly 1/4 hp I owned was comatic mfg. Have you tried emailing comatic for specs?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

You can send a picture and email to CoMatic .. they will fix ya up .. pretty good company ..

http://www.co-matic.com/en/contact
Not sure how to send CoMatic a picture, but I have send them a message requesting drawings/specs on the gears or an out right confirmation of the cross reference. We'll see where this goes.

On the other hand it would just as good to have someone physically check their own Grizzly unit if I can find someone that has one.
If a member has a 1/4 feeder and want to open it up then that would be great.

If you want to send the picture to comatic then attach the picture (typically press a paper clip icon or hit insert, attach file) to the email you send to [email]co-matic@co-matic.com [/email]. Many of their techs are in taiwan so realize the more pictures the better in helping them understand what you want. Plus they make and sell the feeders with their logo/paint so you can most likely get the parts you need from them.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

The link was to the contact form, so that is what I used. I did not notice the email address on the right. I will take a picture of the feeder inside and out, then send the pics and the pdf Delta manual via the email address on the rightside of the webpage that I hadn't noticed earlier.

There is also a link to a distributor in Utah. Do you think they would be of any help?