Resaw on ts
I needed to resaw some 3" wide 5/4 oak into 1/4" pieces. Started to on my old Delta 14" bs, and the blade came off. The lower tire (urethane) had chunks out of it, and resawing would have to be put off until I got parts for it.
Being as they were only 3" wide, I did it on the ts, with a 24 tooth rip blade. 2" cut, flip board and cut thru.
Being as I use a thin kerf blade, I got 3 pieces out of it, and the cut quality was far better than the bs.
Also as the cut quality was better, I didn't have to allow as much for planing. I could have actually, just sanded them.
It was a lot faster than the bs also.
I think I will be using the ts for resawing boards 5" or less in width in the future.
Curious if anyone else prefers doing this?
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
I used to do this before I had a planer (yes, you read that right).

I don't like resawing this way because I have to remove the guard and splitter and the blade is often raised quite high.

When it works well, the output is nice and flat.

But if the wood has any internal tension, which in my experience is pretty common with 8/4 KD material, the wood will start to pinch the blade. Best case I get burn-marks on the wood; worst case, the saw tries to kickback.

Taking multiple passes with shallower cuts - such as for wide or really hard or burn-prone species - kind of negates the problem but then its no faster than a bandsaw and any wood movement between passes means I don't end up with nice parallel surfaces either.

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
I resaw on the table saw but with a little different technique. I resaw both sides but leave a 1/4 to 1/2 inch in the middle which I finish up with a pull saw. This seems to keep the kerf from closing on case hardened wood. It also makes me feel a little safer because the blade is always buried in the wood.

It takes a little longer to clean up the cut pieces (sander or planer) but it's worth it to me to feel a little safer.
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
gMike said:

I resaw on the table saw but with a little different technique. I resaw both sides but leave a 1/4 to 1/2 inch in the middle which I finish up with a pull saw. This seems to keep the kerf from closing on case hardened wood. It also makes me feel a little safer because the blade is always buried in the wood.

It takes a little longer to clean up the cut pieces (sander or planer) but it's worth it to me to feel a little safer.

Plus1
If you want to resaw on the TS you should make a short splitter so that the cut can't close up and cause a kick back. I use my bandsaw for anything one would term resawing. It just seems like a lot safer approach. I know your BS was out of action, but I wouldn't make a habit of using the TS w/o a splitter.

While you are getting your BS back in shape, maybe it's time to look at a new blade, too. The Lennox Diemaster 2 is a very good resaw blade that leaves a pretty smooth surface if you use a 1/2" 4 tpi one. The cut quality from a Woodslicer is even better, but I've had problems with it binding in the cut if the wood moves even a little, so I can't recommend it in good faith.

John
I do it. It makes sense to me.
I resaw on the tablesaw all the time. I joint one side and two edges and flip the board end for end and I can do six inches. On a wide board I typically leave a 1/8 inch uncut portion in the middle.
gMike said:

I resaw on the table saw but with a little different technique. I resaw both sides but leave a 1/4 to 1/2 inch in the middle which I finish up with a pull saw.

This. I finish it on the BS.
I don't have to remove the splitter to do it, because I don't use a splitter.
I always have a wedge handy, and pay attention, to what's happening when I make a cut.
Of course I don't recommend anyone not using a splitter, and blade guard.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
I resaw on the TS all the time. Like others have mentioned I also leave a strip of wood in the center and finish resawing on the bandsaw. I used to resaw on the bandsaw soley but I got tired of buying new bandsaw blades.