Sawstop problem-any other owners out there?
I've had a Sawstop for a little less than a year. I was about to make a cut today when the saw started briefly, then shut off. The cartridge didn't engage. The error lights were a fast blinking green and a solid red, which, according to the mannual means the blade is not turning. I turned it off several times and each time the same thing happens, but it turns. I have noticed for about the last week or so that there is a squeeking noise when I turn the arbor changing blades. In checking the belt, which is fine, the squeeking is in the motor as the little fly wheel is turning. Anybody had this problem or have any ideas?
Paul
"Some glue, some brads while the glue dries, and that's not going anywhere!"
Norm
Paul, never had that happen to me, but I would unplug it, take out the cartridge and reinstall it to make sure it is sitting correctly, then check the gap to the sensor to make sure that is right and plug in the saw and see if that cures it. If not, call Customer Service, they are pretty helpful. I have not yet read of a post where there has been a problem with the electronics - so I am guessing it is something else.
The motor squeaking could me something more, but I had a fairly recent problem, with a non SS, with the same symptom. The motor started briefly and quit. After playing around for a while testing various things it came down to the switch. I pulled it out and took it apart and found one leg to be blown. A new switch got me back up and running.

Bob
No. So please keep us apprised of what happens. SS Customer Service is responsive.
Yes, had this problem, IIRC that was the error code. It was diagnosed as failure of the tachometer, which is part of a cable assembly inside the saw. Sawstop sent the replacement cable with instructions. It was a fairly involved replacement but the directions were clear.
Wow, that's just great. My new $2300 saw breaks right in the middle of a project. Thanks for the advice. I will follow up and post what I find out.
"Some glue, some brads while the glue dries, and that's not going anywhere!"
Norm

I had the same ting happen to me a while ago. Turned out to be the starter capacitor needed to be replaced. Not hard to do at all.

Michael
When else does a tool break? Call Sawstop with the blinking codes. They may request you restart the saw with the key turned. This provides them with additional error codes. I think that you will find them very responsive.
They told me anybody could do it, but I showed them.
grey spider said:

I had the same ting happen to me a while ago. Turned out to be the starter capacitor needed to be replaced. Not hard to do at all.

Michael

+1. 6-1/2 years ago. No problem since.
plharrison said:

Wow, that's just great. My new $2300 saw breaks right in the middle of a project.

Small, small inconvenient problem. It's an electro/mechanical device - they do break occasionally. You'll be glad you have it the first time your inadvertently run your finger/hand into the spinning blade.

The Good News: SawStop customer service is among the best going - call them and likely they will "over perform".

Doug

SS PCS driver