Would you consider this dangerous?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...xDclEWYEvE
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
I have to watch a ten minute video just to understand your question?!

No thanks. If it seems dangerous to you, find another way.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
Around the 4:30 mark.
He still has all his fingers, but I sure wouldn't try that.
Dangerous yes. But efficient. Not a job I would want.

It would be dangerous for the unskilled. I certainly would not want to work around THAT spinning blade!

The guy who "ran" up my tree and cut off all the branches with a chain saw had never fallen, and had all his extremities, but I'd never want to try it.
He said his family had been doing it for four generations.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Looks like the suicide saws I used to see in West Va. One time I saw one in operation, two guys were cutting up logs with it. It was a old tractor with one wheel replaced by a 44" diameter saw blade, no guard on it. They would man handle several logs onto a ramp then roll one down into the blade and cut off ~3' sections for their stove. I stopped and talked to them for a little while. One of the guys was in his late 60s and the other nearly 80. They had been using that rig sense the '20s. Made the remark that before good chain saws got cheap they were real common. I made the remark that the thing looked dangerous and the younger brother held up his left arm—missing the hand—and said he did that on the saw when he was 19.

Not real safe but it went through 2-3' diameter logs really fast; probably 2x as fast as a chain saw.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
Smoking a pipe?

Deadly!

Good judgement is the product of experience.
Experience is the product of poor judgement.
What is interesting is that European workplace safety laws are way stricter than ours, the CE standards make Osha look like pikers.

He must get away with that because it is a family business I would guess.

Ralph
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
I wouldn't do it but I can see people doing it though. I would do it on a band saw so I guess the circular saw isn't that much didn't I suppose.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
Mr Fillipo is flippin nutz, but hey he is employed, and he said he loves his yob. Wonder what the rate of employees with work ending injuries is in that field. As much a PIA as they can be, thank God for OSHA.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW