It's finally finished!
Wasn't sure where to post this, I'm usually just in the hand tool section. Teasers of the build I've posted on other post to illustrate whatever was going on but wasn't able to go into detail till now.

This is what was delivered to my shop three years ago.

And this is what drove out of the shop this past Tuesday.

Sorry I couldn't post the build from the start but the owner didn't want to have any press till it was finished. I can fill in photos from the past if anyone wants to see some of the steps in the build. I've got a couple hundred photos.
Anyway I know a lot of people were curious as that I was building. It is of course Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.

Thing of beauty!

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

I'm going to have to find another hobby. The skills profiled on this forum just make me want to throw my hands in the air and say "What's the point!"
Maybe I'll start the world's largest belly button lint ball...

Simply amazing! Was this a collaborative effort or did you do the wood and metal fabricating?
Either way, well done!
Ken
Very cool! I love it!
Now that is just FANTASTIC!

Is it tuned so that it makes that steam choked rhythmic noise followed by a couple of back-fires.
~Dan.
Jim,

That's amazing. The real question is whether you got to drive it and how she handled.

Inspiring work.

Steve
Now, that is just ultra-cool! Phenomenal job!
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Ken don't find another hobby. Many times during the build I said "I can't do this" but persevered. It was a collaborative effort. I made wooden patterns for the fenders, that then got sent to a fiberglass shop to be molded in fiberglass, the same outfit did the paint job on them. I supplied the metal shop with patterns for the six hood panel to represent the the complex curves needed. Most things came back needing very little adjustment. After doing boat work for almost 35 years I'm familiar with most trades and what they needed to see to do their job. All the lanterns are vintage.
Holy feces, Batman!!

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
No Steve I didn't drive it. Part of me wanted to but on the other hand if anything happened, I don't want to even think about it. I might still get a chance.
It has a Model A engine in it so it sounds just like in the move, and he is going to put in a sound chip to simulate the back fire on command.
Not shown are the wings they were still at his house, and the way we built them they are just a bolt on box behind the running board flaps. The wings deploy electrically by remote control.
Jim