What do you use for your photo drops?
I've been using Photobucket to drop photos into my posts. I'm getting a little irritated with the process to resize, crop, and post.

Does anyone have a simpler a/o better free site to launch your photos from?

I like Flickr. It's easy to grab links to drop into forum posts and you don't have to worry about resizing the image. Just pick the size you want and grab its link. (If I remember correctly, you can do that in Pbucket too.) Cropping, if you need to do it, is also very easy.
I have an OLD version of Paint Shop Pro that I do all my photo editing on. I run it on a Win XP system safe from the innerweb. I think mine is 6, but it may be earlier. I understand it, and so I love it. Fact is I don't want to learn a new way to do something I can do with this.

Photobucket is becoming a PIA, but I've heard all of them are. They are after all hosting your pics for free, so they make you click a bunch of weeenie buttons their Masters make them throw in front of you. I suppose you could pay someone, and not have to dodge so much advertising.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I use photobucket and don't have to do anything but select the photo I want to show, click on the link code and paste it into my post.

Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
^^^^ This. Same here.
Imgur
I use the Amazon photo storage area, but have never figured out how to show a photo on woodnet. When I select to choice for shareable link, and paste it into my woodnet post, it creates a hot link, but does not show the photo.
Personal website with "unlimited" disk space, bandwidth etc.. I once dropped about 54 gigs of my music on there, they got a little cranky and maybe deleted it, but it also hosts my mail forward, domain name etc. So I use it for offsite backup like carbonite would do for you etc.

dont' feel the $13 a month is a waste with that extra ability so I resize manually and upload it. Certainly more than a pain of pbucket etc, but it's MINE and useful for many other things to be backed up.

Typically encrypt anything that might not want in the wild as it's a server on the web and eventually some hacker will get in there...
I use Google Picasa Web Albums and like it a lot. It's free, has no annoying adds, banners, etc., and it's easy to copy and paste the image file to Woodnet and elsewhere. It automatically syncs photos between my phone, tablet, and PC via the cloud, too.

John
Thanks to everyone so far - I will check into Flickr (DaveR1) and Imgur (jppierson) - but I am really interested in the Picasa Web Albums (Jteneyck) because I already use Google Chrome for a lot of things and have a number of their apps on my board already. I knew of Picasa years ago - used by a number of my fellow teachers. Somehow I just never gave it a thought when I needed something outside to store and draw from for the WN forum.

The reason I brought this up is that from being a photographer and also responsible for printing at the school where I worked, I am familiar with photo editing and copy management. I tend to keep the original photos but nearly always crop, resize, and alter in other ways depending on how the photo is being used. I find Photobucket very frustrating trying to make all the adjustments and then place in the Woodnet forum. I could just dump the orginal into place, but I feel very guilty about the excess photo size and "dead" space in the posted photos. It especially bothers me when I have a number of items to post in the SnS section. Huge pics are fine for artwork, but they detract from the purpose of the post by taking so much time away from the text. I have a real problem trying to balance the two for the SnS reader.

So, I'm hoping to find a place where it is easier to reformat and place my pics. Maybe I'm just too finicky.

In the meantime, any additional ideas will be appreciated.

s/ AJH (Wood2woodknot)