Stair Landing Display Cabinets
Our client had a stairwell running up through the center of his house. On one of the landings, he had a wall with 22” of unused (depth) space behind it and wanted display cabinets sunk into the wall. He wanted the face and surrounding woodwork to be very rich-looking so we treated the cabinet much like a fireplace mantle.
We were to design it (keeping with his home’s style in mind), construct and install the unit.
Here’s a early construction pic in the shop / notice that the columns, left & right, sit on the face of the sheetrock and the cabs run deeper, back into the wall’s surface.

We added the top (which was to act as a shelf) and primed it.

Here it is installed…

Once the paint was finished, knobs were attached & the glass inserted…. he sent me these pics as he was so happy with how it turned out.

I thought it looked pretty good too / check out the website gallery, if you’d like

Russell Hudson / Hudson Cabinetmaking, Inc.
"Courage is knowing what not to fear."
www.hudsoncabinetmaking.com
Great plan, looks and use of space. Win-win-win! Goes well with the wainscoting too.

Nicely executed.

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
It's beautiful.
Very nice excellent work.
Beautiful. Love the mirror!
Stunning! I, too, like the idea of the mirror back and the glass shelves.
Another winner, Russel. The style looks like it blends right in with what was there, and the workmanship is up to your typical quality. Well done.

John
Stunning...
Really nice. Can you explain the process you use to get the very smooth white finish on site? Can't tell from the picture, but I assume i would not see brush marks on that piece....
Very nice! The mirror back really adds depth to the piece.