What is this? A clamp?
Here's another gem from my father's tool box, but I don't know for certain what it is used for.
My first guess is that it's some sort of a clamp, but I don't know for certain.
I welcome your experienced insight ... and wild guesses too

Link to one minute video -
What Is it?

I'd also like to know how to embed a video in this forum like I do a picture, so that whenever I do share a video it can be viewed without leaving the forum.
Ray
It is gear puller. Also useful for pulling pulleys. ( a pulley puller ). The hooks hold the outside of the gear or pulley that is on shaft, and when you turn the screw against the end of the shaft, the gear or pulley is removed.
thanks!

now I'll test my son, the know it all aspiring mechanic, if he know what it is
Ray
Also known as a bearing or gear puller. Removes any round object that is press fit onto a shaft.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
It might be a gear or pulley puller. It is kind of old. You can turn the arms around and pull from inside a pulley. Some pulleys have the outside attached to the inner part with rubber so you need to pull from the inside ring.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
>>>> What Is it?

It's [primary use is to pull a gear off of a round shaft. It's also used to remove a fa blade from a shaft.
Howie.........
Gear puller .....

I was going to say wheel puller, but same animal - different name.

DogwoodTales said:

Snip...

I'd also like to know how to embed a video in this forum like I do a picture, so that whenever I do share a video it can be viewed without leaving the forum.

Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oibQBlgP...e=youtu.be

Easy - just paste the URL from the video host into your message and the video window pops up by magic.
I tried that. I know how to embed, but for some reason I can't get it to work on this forum.
Ray
Dunno what to tell you Ray. It worked for me. No embed involved. Highlight the url on the video host, right click, copy. Do your post here, right click, paste and there it is as shown two posts above. Not sure why it doesn't work for you.