Beading station tool holder
Does anyone have a source of plans for a beading station?
Looks like this.
Bill

http://www.greatcraftworks.com/index.php...;item=2571
Bill-

That looks like a pretty straight forward build. They give you the dimensions on the web page you reference. I'd guess the dowels at the top sit in shallow holes drilled in each end piece. The sides of the trays look to be rabbetted over the end pieces and I'd cut a dado for the bottom of each tray to rest in, 1/4" plywood wood be plenty stout for the bottoms. You could probably go even lighter. Hooks are spaced about 2" apart. The dowel holding the reels of thread or whatever would need to be sized to go through the hubs of the spools that will be used. It looks like one end sit in a shallow hole on one end and in a slotted hole in the end on the left so the end can be slid out to change spools. I think I'd make the slot L-shaped with a vertical leg coming up from the resting position of the dowel so it would be less likely to pull the dowel free when you're pulling material off the spools. Maybe the "trays" are slanted and only have a front and the bottom. If that is what you want, I'd cut a dado across the end pieces to capture the bottom and then fasten the front over it.

Anyway, I think with a pencil, a piece of paper and a bit of head scratching, you could draw up you own plan for this.

Phil
Yeah make it to dimension as suggested, you can see everything you need to do, with exception of it likely has some spacing for the rolls of wire at the bottom, get whatever rolls that need to fit there, and just make the space slightly wider. Use Borg pine and even if you need to make a few it shouldn't cost much. Go for it, it's how you learn layout
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
LOML does beading for jewelry, and makes baskets. I started wondering if she could use something similar, and googled images to give her some choices.

This was one of the first links

GW
Bill Bob, if you still need a plan for that beading station, I expect I could bang one out for you without much trouble.

Edited to add: It's drawn now anyway.
Bill, I sent you a plan in PDF format. I hope it makes sense.
That pretty well nails it, but Dave's illustrations are nicer. One minor quibble - I think I'd mount the cup hooks closer to the top edge of the slat so the cards hung there wouldn't be able to swing on the hook, but that might just be me.
I thought about that Phil but the slat's not that thick and the hooks would come through the back. I positioned the hooks so the ends of the screws would go into the shelf, too. The slats could be made thicker, of course.
I was thinking the slat was rabbeted over the end pieces, but looking closer it appears it is just fastened flat to the front. How did you figure the bottom of the tray joined the slat, the edge just butted against it of set in some sort of a fitted groove? I'd be inclined to go with a little thicker slat with rabbets and a groove and bump the hooks up.

As a software dunce, I'm in awe of your drawing. The shadows blow me away, even the right number of shadows for the hooks. I imagine it is pretty straight forward when you know the arts and mysteries, but for us of the petrified brain it's pretty amazing.
Just to add on. LOML saw the pic, her thought was no thanks. Tools make it impossible to move, and wire configuration needed too be on top more, to make it more accessible, Her plan is to work off of it, but also have it mobile. Currently she is working out of a tackle box. She has more fishing boxes than I do, and she hardly ever fishes.

Just throwing this out there because sometimes us guys are sold on pics of things we think they want. Kinda works backwards too. Do you want her deciding which tools you get?

GW