Woodnet Google Group??
Got an email from

woodworking-e-plans+noreply@googlegroups.com

Hi gary,
Woodnet added you to the Woodworking group.
Message from Woodnet

Welcome to our group.
About this group

Your place to share and discover new woodworking projects.

Google Groups allows you to create and participate in online forums and email-based groups with a rich community experience. You can also use your Group to share documents, pictures and calendar invitations.

If you don't wish to be a member of this group, you can unsubscribe. If you believe that this group may contain spam, you can also report the group for abuse. For additional information, please visit our Help Centre.

Is this for real or is it a scam? Looks kinda phishy to me. I don't see anyone here talking about a Google Group--

Thanks, g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
haven't heard of it

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

I've gotten a couple that are similar offering free plans, and wondering why I haven't downloaded it. It says I'm part of a google group but they haven't said WoodNet. No I didn't download any plans.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
I've never heard of it either.
Sounds like one of them there cliques. Probably make you learn a secret handshake
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Steve N said:

Probably make you learn a secret handshake

My guess is I'd be shaking hands with a virus or other malware. To the dumpster with this email.

Thanks guys! g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
I've had offers of woodworking plans, too, from something claiming to be a Google group but not WoodNet. I looked into it a little without clicking on anything and couldn't sort out what it was, so I just delete them. I believe the name associated is "Larry Kirk" but I'm not sure.
Phydeaux
Larry Kirk is the name on mine too. I took a screen shot but for some reason Photobucket doesn't want to upload it right now.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
Didn't come from us. No affiliation with WoodNet, officially or unofficially.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
The fellow who is pushing illegal(copyrighted plans) has evidently changed his business name to Larry Kirk. I disremember what it used to be, but it was the 10,000 free plans scam.