Interesting resawing method. Is it useful?
I've never done any resawing aside from small pieces done on a table saw, which is rather cumbersome and wasteful, and useless on longer pieces.

I might need to do some resawing soon on my 14" Delta BS, and saw this recently. Has anybody else done it this way? Did it work or not work?

http://www.buildconstructpros.com/profes...rkid%3Dppc-fb#3

Semper fi,
Brad

Looks like a good idea. Captured cut.
I just use a fence. I may have to try that.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

That would only work if your BS is well tuned. Any drift of the blade and you will have issues. I use the single contact method. When I switch to using 1/2" blades and hand sharpening I find the blade tracks really well and have less of a need to use the single contact.

Not sure if that method allows for any thing except everything going right.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
When I was clamping a fence to my BS table, I could not avoid blade drift. After putting on some quality poly tires, and purchasing a Kreg fence, I can do that. However, I just use my joiner push block to hold the wood against the fence.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Cecil said:

However, I just use my joiner push block to hold the wood against the fence.

Exactly what I do. The process is too dependent on the tuning of the saw and the variances in the wood to trap it like that. A regular high fence and the jointer push blocks work fine for me.
“Poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten”
The key ingredients to a good resaw are:

Most importantly having the saw well set up, tracking properly, with good guides adjusted so they give support without being sloppy or too tight. (thickness of a dollar bill is thought to be excellent)

having a blade with proper tooth count/inch. with a small amount of set.

Proper tension on the blade.

Beyond that the next biggest problem a person could have is the stock wandering, so this jig gives the stock little room to roam, which will eliminate stock wander. So a good thing
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I resaw on my Delta 14" band saw all the time. I use a 3/4" lennox carbide tipped blade and a tall fence. I do not need a fence to keep contact. I guide with one hand and push with the other. Works fine. I then take to my drum sander and smooth out the blade
marks.
John T.
Really nothing but an inexpensive but inflexible featherboard used vertically. But as others say, it requires a very well set up BS. I use a featherboard to hold pieces against the fence but that allows some variance in board thickness and other variables.
Why a box when you would have the same effect with another fence. Having the back tall or short won't effect anything. Better still would be a feather board to maintain contact.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
I like the box idea. I use feather board to keep the wood close on the bottom but it does not keep it tight at top.

With my 5hp BS and how tight it keeps the blades I have never had the blade wonder.

I am going to make one since I make a lot of thin stuff for turnings.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.