Fine Woodworking 1975-2015 archive DVD
I need some bookshelf space and am thinking of replacing my hard copy FWW mags with this DVD. Does the DVD have all the content that is in the hard copy mags? I can't seem to find anything that shows what the DVD actually contains. On the Tauton website they say, "Our collection from 2015 includes articles you won’t find anywhere else..." and they list several what I take to be article titles referenced with issue numbers, suggesting the content of the DVD has been edited compared to what was in the original magazines. Can anybody enlighten me? Will I be able to find everything that's in the magazines or will I be sorry in the morning?
It looks like the dvd is as thorough as the mag. I just printed out a plan for a shaker cabinet.
I ordered mine last week. I'll let you know. I suspect it's like my PWW DVD, which is pdf files of the old magazines, minus the ads.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
The DVD is a collection of pdf files of each issue. They are complete with ads. There are a couple blank spots where images should be in the early issues (about 3 spots as I counted) where Taunton did not have reproduction rights to the images, but nothing of importance.
Semper Audere!
Don't get rid of the print versions until you look over the DVD. It is possible some of the older stuff isn't as complete as the magazine was, but as suggested it usually is not a big deal. If you find anything that you "need" to keep the print issue of, you will be able to do so. I'd wager if you keep anything it will just be one maybe 2 issues.

Something I didn't see mention of, you really need to load these DVD's to your hard drive. Running them off the disk is a series of crashes, hang ups, and really s l o w loading.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Anyone seen a discount price? Are the PDF's per issue? Can you copy them for tablet use?
Highland Woodworking has the DVD for $69.99. I thought I saw it at Barnes and Noble for less, but it looks like an earlier version with fewer years covered.
Found it for 63.85 on Amazon prime. thanks for the info
Phil S. said:

Does the DVD have all the content that is in the hard copy mags?

The DVD has pdfs of the entire magazines - it is literally a copy of each magazine.

Once you buy the DVD, you can upgrade to add each new year for about $20, but you have to call them to do it, it is a different part number.

Also note that the license does not allow you to sell, give away, or loan the DVD - once you buy it and open it, only you can (legally) use it.
I'm still not sure if it is a PDF file for each month (guess I will find out) I hope to put a month or 2 on my tablet for viewing.