Woodworkingtalk.com
This site seems to have a very large following but I hate having to suffer through a Progressive Insurance add every time I do something on them. including trying to register or contact someone there.

To hell with them.....I'll just continue to lurk
You might try an add blocker and cookie blocker and a flash blocker and a blocker to block the blocker. Works for me- most of the times.
I don't blame you.We are Americans and we want it now and we want it free.
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
Using IE, ad-blocker got rid of their commercials for me.
I wander over there from time to time, a lot of hip shooting was my impression, much more knowledge shared here, I still learn something here every time I log on, there, not so much.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I know they rely on adds to support their site, but when it takes a long long time to flip back and forth and load between pages and you do a lot of pages, and then there is the flashing adds and pops distracting you, it gets old quick.

Some news sites have so much on their page it takes forever to load and overwhelms my old computer.
I find the regulars here slightly less annoying.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe
Richard D. said:

John T.
Richard D. said:

Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I bailed 2 years ago for the same reason.
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino