Neat chair.... Gonna lose a friend, maybe
I made the pattern of a rocker type chair\slide from one a friend shared with me.
Made them for the Grandkids (4). Used walnut, mahogany... other nice hardwoods. Refinished the origninal as a thank you.

NOW.... so many have asked about them and I said I would make one for $650. It's alot of work to make one out of hardwoods. Lots of big flat pieces. (plus I really don't want to do custom on them... yet)
My bright idea is to make them as shown out of 3\4" Baltic Birch.
All mortised and RTA. Unfinished as shown or finished.

Well gawdamightee she is mad as all gittout. "That one was made for her kids by her uncle and it's special" ......

I doubt it's a proprietary design so I may just lose a friend and move forward anyhow.

*yeah, I know, It is now shared public and ripe for ripping.

Any here ever seen one?
My google foo doesn't bring up any
Woodwork... It's what I do for a living.
(well, such as it may be, It's my job)
((cept my boss is a @#!*&))
I think I'm gonna fire myself for that
This is close
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
Don,
I hate to burst her bubble but those chairs have been around for a long time. I would guess you can find CNC patterns for it with a little digging. My buddy has been cutting them on a CNC router for years. I think you can probably get the pattern on instructables.
Don

I really do not think it is one of a kind. A local friend (83) gave me the template of the same thing for me to make for my grandkids. Where he got it I do not know but it was over 30 years ago he made them.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
If you can sell that for $650 you are clearly a MUCH better salesman than I. I salute you!
-Marc

If you and I were friends and you were able to sell the chairs inspired by my piece for $650, I'd simply be thrilled for you. I'd even buy you a beer after you pocket the first $650, so you could think, "life is good." Of course, you'd buy the next few rounds.
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24
WaterlooMarc said:

If you can sell that for $650 you are clearly a MUCH better salesman than I. I salute you!

All hardwood is pain. I priced them high because i don't really want to do them in hardwood.
In BB ply..... $95 un finished. 155 finished.
figured they've been around for a while. Not many people build without plans.
thanks
Also..... I have the pattern. I drew my own and cut them on my Sabre 404
The one in the background doesn't look very comfortable.