Handworks- Photos added
It was a mob scene this morning to Hera St Roy and he didn't disappoint. ALL of the hand tool makers are here and sales are brisk. I'll post photos when I get home tonight
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
Please post lots of photos.

Those of us who couldn't be there are seriously bummed.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Amen to that. I hold a week long bamboo rod building class for disabled vets and it wraps up tonight so attending Woodworks was out of the question. I am seriously thinking about adjusting the dates for next year if it conflicts.

Missing the Studley Chest is a major bummer.

I just hope folks lots of pics and blog entries.
Victor

"The cure for anything is saltwater....sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
I have quite a few photos I'll post tonight. Saw Slav, Wilbur Pan, Mike Brady, Robin Lee, Deneb, Carl biederbach, Ron Breese, Joel, Mary May, Ramey, Father John, Jameel, Larry Williams, Meghan, Patrick Leach ..... Everyone from the hand tool industry was there.

What was missing you ask? No fudge sales, no sham wow, no one with microphones and amplified voice, no power tool noise, no pressure, just a lot of like minded folks enjoying each other and a welcoming feeling in an old, restored and very comfortable barn.

Not a bad way to spend a Saturday. Not bad at all.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
Some day I'll get there. Did you mean Handworks?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
AHill said:

Some day I'll get there. Did you mean Handworks?

Yes Handworks. There were so many tools there, my addled brain skipped a cog.
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
I am seething with envy!!!!
HAVE FUN!

--------------------
"Aus so krummem Holze, als woraus der Mensch gemacht ist, kann nichts ganz Gerades gezimmert werden."
How about some info on the Lee Valley / Veritas fancy new plane that was suppose to be on show?????
Roy was hilarious. He expanded on the notion of "radio woodworker" in his table-top performance. He also had a gaggle of lady-shills in the audience. There is definitely a Roy Underhill and Roy Underhill, The Woodwright. They are never seen together in the same room. When the cap and vest appear, it's Game On!
I didn't see a new Veritas plane, but they did release their new chisel hi I g guide, either as a complete unit, or as an add-on to the mkII guide.

Matt