Going to Dayton, OH. Any Rusthunting places around?
I'll be in Dayton, OH this Fri-Sun for MRL soccer with my son's team. Although I don't think I'll have much spare time, I'd like to see if I can squeeze in a stop or two.

Where's the rust???

" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Gregory of Sherwood Forest said:

I'll be in Dayton, OH this Fri-Sun for MRL soccer with my son's team. Although I don't think I'll have much spare time, I'd like to see if I can squeeze in a stop or two.

Where's the rust???

75 miles east of Dayton.

r2
I wish I had the couple spare hours to drop in, or that you were on the way, Richard. I'll be lucky to have an hour or two between matches Saturday afternoon or evening. Any chance you will be closer?
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
What is the site your Son will play at, sometimes they spread those things all over town.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
You will be a few weekends too early for this event Showroom is open M-F 9 to 5.

H. Gerstner & Sons
20 Gerstner Way (on older GPS units you may need to use 20 Cincinnati St)
Dayton, OH 45402

I haven't been over for a few years, they used to do some tours. CNC Heaven, it's very interesting. 937-228-1662 would tell you if a tour was possible Friday.

Let me know where you will be, I'll try to see if I can find you a happening. I just threw Gerstner in because it's a cool trip if you've not been, cooler if they have a tour.

GW
Thanks Steve. We'll be at the Ankeny Soccer Complex.

I've restored/repaired a couple Gerstners. I used to own one until someone offered me a crazy amount of $$ for it. Wayyyy more than they usually sell for, and he was buying it for his father as a last-second gift. I turned down lots of offers for it until that.

I may have a lot of time to kill Sunday. Looks like rain is in the forecast there.

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Lot of antique markets, and flea bags all over the area. This site gives a good listing but as you know a place could have several pieces one day, and be gone the next, depending on traffic. The one in Beavercreek isn't the worst place on earth, and it is certainly close to the center. The good thing is you will be right on 35, and you can travel that out to 71, or come back toward 675, and go up or down to hit 70 to the North, or 75 to the South, so travel to anywhere in the Dayton area is easy due to Interstate avavilability.

Down closer to me off 75 at SR 63 there are 2 large complexes with fleas aplenty, a good amount is junk, but sometimes there are some nuggets. Both charge a small admission though. Traders world and Treasure Aisles are on opposite sides of 75, and there is an outlet mall right across from Traders world if there are any Ladies along.

Unfortunately some of the big doings are a week ago, or a few weeks away. I tried to look at auctions in the area, and I didn't see anything worth standing around for a long period of time. Richard is the "Estate sale" King. I confess I couldn't find one if I had a spyglass, perhaps he could look to see if there was anything with any promise?

Let me know if you see a place you want to check out for the quickest route to get there, or possibly a warning, Don't go there

GW
I'll be hitting Sale #1 for this dealer early Friday morning in Columbus - it would be nice to have you with me.

http://salebyholly.com/Upcoming_Events.php

r2
I suggest you check this out! Perhaps Richard and I should make the trip to Dayton!

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctio...id=2696844
I won't be getting into Dayton until about 7p Friday. I'll need to leave around noon on Sunday. 2 games on Saturday won't leave me much time, but Sat mealtimes are open.
I'll try to hit a couple, maybe early sat morning.

I like a couple of those listings. Thanks guys, I'll put them on my hit list.

Here's hoping!!

www.RUSTHUNTER.com