Ducks!
Have been stuffing barrels for awhile. We make the PR blanks for the website, but I don't just sell the stuff....fella got to have some fun too! Most of the stuff in the group photo is gone, they sell really well....maybe I should charge more for them? The 'guts' are from Echo, they are right down the street from me($6/ea), instead of the $12+ that 'pen places' sell them for

Group photo!

This one was the very first call I made!

Scott (quacks like a duck too) B
I do have unlisted larger stock not listed on the website. We are always making new blanks, you should stop and take a look!
slabsblanksandboards
All I can say is WOW, those are beautiful. Great job.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Great job. Great selection of blanks. And great photography! What did you use to take your photos and how was your lighting set up?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Scott

They look fantastic. What are they used for?

Also I sure would like to know how to make them. It would be so nice to have so the guys can make something nice with them.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
They are duck calls Arlin
AHill said:

Great job. Great selection of blanks. And great photography! What did you use to take your photos and how was your lighting set up?

I use an HDR set-up for the photography. Keep the shadows and highlighted(blownout) spots from taking over the image.
After looking at the image, looks like I need a lint removing tape roll That black velvet cloth sure does make the stuff stand out.....

The blanks, thank you. We have a LOT of them! And we even go nuts with custom 12 color pours to0

Scott (gonna be a warm one today) B
I do have unlisted larger stock not listed on the website. We are always making new blanks, you should stop and take a look!
slabsblanksandboards
Arlin Eastman said:

Scott

They look fantastic. What are they used for?

Also I sure would like to know how to make them. It would be so nice to have so the guys can make something nice with them.

https://youtu.be/tVEw5vkkFYg

It's time lapse and there isn't any of my blah, blah, blah happening....sorry. I've been meaning to make a 'real vid', but it's hot in the garage!

Quacks like a duck!
I prefer Open Water single reeds, but most of the calls I sell are using the Timber double reed. Does make a difference as to the amount of air needed to make the call 'work'.....

Scott (think 5/8 expanding mandrel) B
slabsblanksandboards
When you said Ducks, first thing I thought of was my Oregon Ducks. At first glance, I thought they were perfume bottles, then figured out they are duck calls. Pretty stuff. They would make excellent threaded boxes as well.

robo hippy
robo hippy said:

When you said Ducks, first thing I thought of was my Oregon Ducks. At first glance, I thought they were perfume bottles, then figured out they are duck calls. Pretty stuff. They would make excellent threaded boxes as well.

robo hippy

Not sure if they would be large enough for 'boxes'? The blanks are only 1.5"d x 3"L....

Sorry about the title, my finger don't move as fast as my thoughts when I'm typing most times.

Scott (quack quack) B
slabsblanksandboards
I was lucky enough to win one of Scott's duck calls a few weeks back. He's a good dude and they make some great blanks.

Scott, good to see you posting here.
If it wasn't for last minute, nothing would get done.

Visit my site for project pics and videos: dlgwoodwork.com