Patience with Teknatool wearing thin...
I decided to buy the Infinity upgrade for my SuperNova2 chuck last fall. Installed it in 15 min and was ready to turn. I discovered that the "lock pins" didn't re-set in three of the four slides. I switch the jaws around and only the #3 slide would set properly. I called their support line and they said I'd have replacements at my door in two-three weeks.

Well it's almost been three months and nothing. Not a call, email, or note telling me when I can expect my replacement parts. Called them over a month ago and was told there was some problem between production and marketing departments.

Emailed them earlier this week and still nothing.

Thanks for letting me vent.....no tools, animals, or trees were injured during this rant.
Gary

Living under the radar, heading for "off the grid."

They really went down hill when production was shipped to China. Sorry for all the hard time you are getting from them. Makes me glad now I have nothing of theirs.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Yep. A once good company crash and burned after moving to China despite all their guarantees of "no loss in quality".

Twinn
Will post for food.
That stinks. Good luck with this. Please post an update if you ever get it resolved.
I feel kind of lucky. Bought a couple SuperNova2 chucks recently and they've been fine.
I had a quality issue with a 1624-44 where the Morris Taper in the headstock was not properly centered. They sent me a new lathe a couple of years ago. Damaged in shipment due to improper packaging from the factory and very poor quality castings. Contacted the CEO of Teknatool and found he was on a trip to China to address these kinds of issues. They used my photos to prove their point, and I got a replacement lathe that survived shipment. Your post and a couple others recently show it does not appear they have resolved the problem. I very much like my Nova DVR, and my chucks are all decent, but I rather doubt I'll be purchasing much more from them until I'm certain their quality issues are resolved. It's very sad to see a company that used to have a really good reputation go downhill.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I really like the chuck, but wanted the speed of changing jaws with the Infinity upgrade. I don't think I'll be purchasing anything else from them in the future.
Gary

glzahn said:

I really like the chuck, but wanted the speed of changing jaws with the Infinity upgrade. I don't think I'll be purchasing anything else from them in the future.

I think it started when they got selected as a "best value" in one of the magazine reviews. I believe sales far exceeded capacity and they had to scramble to fill orders. I bought a "reconditioned" 1624-42 and it had some minor issues. I was able to resolve them and it turned out to be a great lathe but I got zero help and response from Teknatool. Too bad for a company to grab short term rewards and forget what got them there. You'd think they were a U S company.
Steve K

Feeling very fortunate to have not had any issues with my 1624.
I must have gotten in "just in time" for a good lathe.
Ag
I have Novas (2 lathes and 7 chucks) but my patience would have been very very thin back last fall. The very few question I have had were answered by calling the service center in Tampa. Only once was an email answered but the one was answered promply (10 minutes) but the others were never answered. Never had one answered from Teknatool, just the service center.

Production was move to China in 2006 which was the same year the 1624 was introduced so I don't know if it was ever made outside of China.

They do have a facebook page. I would make a very public posting there if possible stating your problem. Bet that would get some action.
Called them on Monday to find out what the heck is going on. Guy said they had one set of slides in stock but none of the jaw conversion kits. He would send out the slides when the jaw kits came in.

I told him the first two times we talked that all I needed was the slides and that the jaw conversion kits all worked with the one slide out of four that was milled correctly. "Oh", he says.

Bottom line is, the slides are in the mail. I sure hope they work.
Gary