Drill Bits and Morse taper sockets that take the bits
Earlier this year I needed some special bits that would help me in making the wooden holders for Cigars and they had to be tight tolerance.

Here is what I found and the prices are out of this world.

http://www.wttool.com/index/page/categor...earch_params%3D

They fit right into you MT tail stock and you never need a Jacobs chuck again.

Here is an MT adapter if the bits are to small and need a MT 1 or MT 3 up to MT 5

I had a drill bit that was a MT 3 and would not fit in my MT 2 tail stock so I got the MT 2 to MT 3 this is what I did

http://www.wttool.com/index/page/categor..._id/14158/

I now do ALL of my drilling with the bits and will get in the future a MT 2 to MT 1 when I need a small drill bit that is MT 1

By all I meant pen drilling too.

If you see the prices they are very good and All of them Are HSS also
O and also check the site because they have MM sizes from 1.0 up to 22mm

http://www.wttool.com/index/page/categor..._id/14461/

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Great prices Arlin.

Can you sharpen these or do you send them out ?
They can be sharpened like any other bit either by hand of if you have a jig.

So far I have used 4 of the bits quite a lot and they are just as sharp as the day I got them.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

I thought I would bump this info

Cool. I must have missed this when you first posted it. Thanks.
Bump for anyone using drill bits

I have had those taper shank bits for many years sizes from 3/16 to 1 1/4"...mostly for my metal lathe but they work fine on wood also.. I learned to sharpen twist drills by hand when I was about 14, in the machine shop. We didn't even have a "jig"...
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Jack

We both know your machine shop at 14 was a stone quarry.

Arlin

Bump for info

Hope this still helps and good info