Ridgid Oscillating Spindle/Belt Sander
Does anybody have one of these? If so, hat are your opinions, good, bad, or indifferent?

Thanks!
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool.
I've got one. Works fine. Gets mostly favorable reviews as a really good tool for the money.
A retirement dedicated to fine woodworking and bad golf.
Thanks 3finger!
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool.
I have one, works great and is a very handy tool to have.
If it wasn't for last minute, nothing would get done.

Visit my site for project pics and videos: dlgwoodwork.com
I also have one and recommend it. I'm sure I have heard a complaint or two over the years but I don't recall seeing a lot of negative comments about this unit.
I also have one. Works fine but is certainly a hobbyist-grade unit, although about as good a hobbyist-grade unit as you will find. You just need to use it with a gentle touch and remember it is not a big cast iron General. For the money it is likely the best unit in its class, as I don't think the retail price has really increased in the last ten years although a few small tweaks have improved with the design. The belt is small and less useful than I imagined it would be although still has its place if you plan ahead to work around its size. The spindles are quite useful and there is a good selection of sizes. Dust collection is a bit tedious but once you get the right adapters wedged and sealed in the hole you can keep it away pretty well with a vac. I keep a crepe block next to it and clean the paper frequently and it is remarkable how long a life you can get from the belts and drums by doing so.
-DC

"I have morons on my team."
-Megatron, 1986
For the money, it can't be beat.

Run and get one. I like mine that much.
WoodTinker
DirectCedar said:

I also have one. Works fine but is certainly a hobbyist-grade unit, although about as good a hobbyist-grade unit as you will find. You just need to use it with a gentle touch and remember it is not a big cast iron General. For the money it is likely the best unit in its class, as I don't think the retail price has really increased in the last ten years although a few small tweaks have improved with the design. The belt is small and less useful than I imagined it would be although still has its place if you plan ahead to work around its size. The spindles are quite useful and there is a good selection of sizes. Dust collection is a bit tedious but once you get the right adapters wedged and sealed in the hole you can keep it away pretty well with a vac. I keep a crepe block next to it and clean the paper frequently and it is remarkable how long a life you can get from the belts and drums by doing so.

+1

I've had one for several years and echo everything said above.

I've seen this question posted several times on multiple forums over the years and can't recall any real negative reviews.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

I got one too and as others have said, for the money it is worth it. I am a high end guy and usually I don't skimp, but this fits my needs just fine. For the 4-5X per year I need it, the thing works great.
I have had one for some years now and like it very much.
Ag