Workbench top Festool MFT style
Going to CNC a workbench top for a customer that has 20mm holes 96mm on center like the Festool MFT has. You guys have any made up tops like this? Any cool features you wish it had while he is coming up with his final design?

I was thinking having both the MFT holes and a space for a kreg track/clamps would be sweet.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

any idea what kind of tools he plans on using on it? Hand, power etc. If he wants to use Lee valley accy he might think about a few 3/4 holes.
By the way, if using CNC remember the holes aren't actually 20mm...they should be 19.9mm or something like that.

Take a look at the MFSlab for some ideas...
I don't know why you would add a track and potentially weaken the top when the Festool clamps provide quick and easy clamping already? Plus, installing a track would reduce the area needed if using the Festool fence with the track saw.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
live4ever said:

By the way, if using CNC remember the holes aren't actually 20mm...they should be 19.9mm or something like that.

Take a look at the MFSlab for some ideas...

The MFT has 20mm holes correct correct?

Not sure why you are saying undersize them if using a CNC.

I know the holes were to align his festool track and work with festool dogs. Not sure what else.

Some folks prefer 19.9mm when making MFT-style CNC tops. The reason for this is some of the accessories (e.g. Parf dogs) are ever so slightly loose in a 20mm hole, but snug in a 19.9 or 19.95mm hole (because some accessories are spec'd to 19.9mm diameter). Loose dogs mess up the squaring function of the MFT.

I should add this may not be an issue at all for the way many people use their MFT.
Ok thank you. I will confirm the requested size.