Conveyor belt for drum sander?
I have a 16-32 Performax drum sander that could use a new conveyor belt. Where's a good place to buy a replacement belt for this sander? If you have gone to a new conveyor belt, has it helped the tracking?
I suggest you head to Amazon and search for the jet 16-32 conveyor by Accura. It's a poly belt instead of the fabric and sandpaper used for the original belt. Mine is a couple of years old and is in fine shape.

YMMV
yep, the poly belt will track easier.

Also, use digital calipers to record a log of your tension settings. Measure how much thread of "tension" you have.. Then when you have to adjust again, you record whether it drifted left or right.
Over time, you will get it tracking very well.
I went from adjusting about every 3 hours, to it tracking 8 months so far and looking good. Even 1/64 of an inch makes a difference in tracking. It's almost impossible to get it to track well by trial and error.
I have the poly belt also mine is at least 6/8 years old still going strong and as said tracking is simple I never had to much luck tracking the sand paper belts
adjusted the poly when it was installed and have not touched it since
if you just want the sand paper one klingspor's woodworking shop has them 35 dollars or so just google klingspor's woodworking shop enter 16/32
Still using sandpaper belts on my 16-32 and no problem with tracking. Key is to buy the ceramic belt guides.

Now, with that said, I have had past experience is adjusting production belting to track, in the sintering furnaces at my powder metal part making plant. The key is tiny, incremental changes and letting the belt rotate at least several times around, before the next tiny adjustment (our belts are about 105 to 110 feet long, for a furnace length of 52-1/2 to 55 feet, so each rotation can take up to 3 hours, as opposed to a minute or so with the 16-32!).
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com